Got some great footage

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Of running WOT at Clifton yesterday from a go pro camera mounted to our fairing.

Even caught part of Ed Dear's hook. That was scary.
Will get them to YouTube and post links soon.

Today we want to set up the cam to watch the lower unit at high speeds.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Uploading first of four to youtube right now...says its gonna take 151 minutes...

This first one is a comedic tribute to ten years of driving lessons from Dad. RedAllison liked it.

john4utvols

I love Lou's face when Louis is coming up on the house boat, never fun being the passenger when you know what's going on. Could you imagine riding with racerx :)

SLOmofo

Pay backs a my mom! Eh Lou!

Litter bug at 2:38 bag of chips. Typical Californian trashing up the place.

11:50 Was that an after thought? Crossing yourself after the run!

Ask Bill Smith, I'm the worlds worst passenger!

Glad you all survived.

Darth VMAX

Wow! 102 with 3 aboard. What power? 260?

Great video. I recently read that if you back the camera down from 1080 to 720 it stops the "jelly" effect. I know my Sport camera all I do is 720 and have never had that problem.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Thanks for that advice on the "time/space warp" effect, Darth! I figured it was just from vibration.

Here is the second video, a transom view of the stock sportmaster surfacing at speeds of up to 102. I always wondered what this looked like! You can see the waterline nearly bisecting the torpedo when the boat is going its fastest.

Yes, it's a stock 260 but with a "special" chip in it...limiter is set to 8250 and it doesn't have a midrange lean spot like the A-48.

I am off to Bethesda Maryland for a trade show, via DC this morning...but i will have access to email and the board from my iPad. Unfortunately, the rest of the vids will have to wait til I get home to upload them. I have a 3rd processing now but there will likely not be enough time before I have to leave.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b4xKAHex2w&feature=youtu.be

jimbob88

the driver- calm cool collected.
passengers- screaming for their lives
think there is a joke about a grandpa dying along those same lines...
louis- you da man!!!

Morespeed4me

Lou that young man can drive. You should be proud. But let me tell you, some of your expressions are priceless. The video is great and I really like the quality of it. Thanks for sharing. Was that taken with the gopro hd hero 3? Here is a link to the same pass that we got from the beach, I think. It is not real clear, but it did show the pass. Great Driving Louis!!!!
http://youtu.be/hF-dc3CyO_Q