Got into a sword fight Christmas day

hack02

With my wife no less. She killed me three times. Then she beat me consistently at bowling. I beat her at table tennis though.
Yep, got a Wii for the family. Also got a new stereo for my old gas guzzling Jag.
What did Santa bring everyone else?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Steve we are on the same wavelength. Louis and I pulled the instrument cluster out of the old XJS on Christmas afternoon to fix the harness connectors--the tabs that hold them in have lost their spring tension and they keep coming out. Not finished yet...

Louis got XPlane9 and I haven't been able to pull him off the computer since.

RedAllison

My oldest gotta Wii about 2 months after they first came out a couple years ago. We spent MANY a hour battling it out in boxing, golf and baseball. My youngest gotta Wii this Christmas with Rockband on it, reckon I'll hafta lettem see my Jimmy Page rendition soon. :very happy I haven't tried any of the fishing games, might hafta get one and try it out. Seen it as BPS and it looked purty cool, especially on a BIG screen like they had. Reckon I can pull the XB21 into the livin room? :LMAO:

Mrs. Clause gave me my favorite present lastnight! :twisted evil
RA

ps
But I know that means she just feels guilty about slap burnin da debit card up over the last couple weeks!!! :cuss

Texan

My boy gotta Wii a couple of years ago from his grandparents. We put it on the big screen in the living room. Time rocked on and he ended up swapping his hand held electronic game platforms for a XBOX 360 at one of the game stores here in town. I was pretty proud of him the way he bickered with the guy 'cause all he had to pay out of pocket was $10 for a NEW, in the box XBOX. Anyway, he got that all hooked up in his playroom and the Wii kinda fell off.

Not too long ago I was reading about the reliability of the various gaming platforms out there. Wii was at the top of the list for being functional and correct, long term out of the box. It also had the lowest return for repair rate of the three big one's out there. The XBOX has the lowest rating on having to be returned for repair. PSP was in the middle.

Not long after I read that review, Junior called me one day when I was on the road. He said the XBOX had taken a dump and that after calling for technical support, he was told to send it back in for repair. He got it back within a few weeks, but the Wii picked back up in the meantime. That was back in September. Leap forward to December, 2009. His XBOX tanked again and had to be sent back in. The Wii has NEVER had to go back in and is still ticking like a Timex watch on my big screen. Granted, both repairs have been taken care of under warranty, but I'm told by the guy at the UPS store that he see's prolly 40-50 XBOX's a week going back for repair.

Synopsis: Get a Wii. Forget the XBOX. Too much down time and sooner or later the warranty will run out.

Last edited:

amosXB03

Santa brought the kids a Wii, played a little on the wii fit with daughter....not too bad managed to work up a sweat.

Mama Claus brough me a GTL21 thats a Glock Laser/Light for my model 22. Powerful light and laser, nice fit on the glock, haven't had a chance to sight it in but really nice package. Wish they had stuff like this when I was policing.

GotMyAlly

I got a carrot stik spinnin' rod for my Dale Hollow trip next month and a fish feeder to hang on my dock.

Oh, and the biggest suprise of all. I left my jeep parked at wal-mart all day Christmas eve and rode out of town with my bro. Got back to my jeep that night, got half way home, and me and one of my super swampers decided to part ways. 3 lugnuts backed off, the other two studs sheered off. Don't have any proof, but I suspect somebody loosened 'em for me while I was gone.

V6MERC

I got a carrot stik spinnin' rod for my Dale Hollow trip next month
Wish I'd known you was wanting one of those!!! I purty much gave one away a couple of weekends ago!!! I had a 6 month old 7' medium action spinnin' rod I sold to one of Marty's buddies for 80$... Hope you like yours, I couldn't stand the one I had!!!

john4utvols

Get Wii resort alot more games to play. My Favorite on it so far is Basketball, but flying the plane is addictive, and frisbee.

Neal Wal-mart has cameras.

GotMyAlly

Neal Wal-mart has cameras.
Hmmmmm...I may hafta go see if I can get a copy of that tape. Gotta admit though....I was rock crawling at superlift offroad park a couple weeks ago, so it's just as likely that I may have busted a few studs there as well....

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hack, we fixed the Jaguar instrument cluster. A little electrical TLC and some determination and now all gauges and lamps work!!

Next stop...repair of kickdown circuit....