Goin Racing!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
That's right we have made the decision to run the IHBA drags in 2008!! Brandon Pribyl and I are planning to team up and run two XR-2001's as team "XrunninY" :LMAO:

I am sure it will be a "learning curve" for me; the 120-ft start "rope racing" technique I will have to practice, practice, practice. Consistency is the name of the game in these bracket races but if I can master that start then we should do OK.

Under our race tent will be two XR-2001's, a 1996 and 1998 with a 2005 drag motor and 97 drag motor, respectively. Many of you who attended the 07 alli rally will remember Brandon's beautiful red/white/black drag boat.

This looks like it will be great fun and we can't wait to face off with the arch rival "car motor boys" since this is bracket racing.

The first race we will run looks like Memorial weekend at Red Bluff, so there is time to prepare. In addition to the race preps we plan to do t-shirts and other stuff, "XrunninY" shirts still looking for a theme.,...maybe a propwash of a DNA helix given the x/y chromosome thing and the nature of my business that lets me play these games...

We are stoked and busy with the rules/forms/exams etc.!!

The cool part of these races is that the general admission includes full access to the pits, vendors, stands, everything. 3 days of party / fun!

Y'all come!!! Memorial Day weekend 2008.

Wish us luck! :beer: Thanks

Lou

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
No kiddin that's great Sid, I don't know if we will have our act together by Phoenix time but we will see!

badbait

Sounds great Lou, but I think that little white boat of yours would be the easiest to be consistant with. What class do you think you will run in? I'm sure Kevin will be real glad to have the company and I would think you may be in the 10 second class with him. Where does Brandon live?

FLYING BUTCHER

fIRST RACE AND YOU WILL BE hooked for life!!! 10.000 et rt has to be .1000 or close and let her rip!! Better get a plate to keep the nose down on launch. As good as it gets. Have fun man!

RedAllison

ROFLMMFAO, LLDoggg I just read this for the first time (sittin in my dads livin room, he's an old jet dragger and former worlds record holder himself) and told Michelle!!! :furious
She gasped and said, "OHHHH he's PYSCHO!!!" :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
Then she said, "Is someone else driving his boat?" I told her nope, that you were. "HE'S PYSCHO"!!!

lmao, GOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK BRO. You gonna end up gettin BOTH of us in trouble. Maybe we can get a 3 man/boat team together, "THREE PEAT"??? lmao...
RA

ps
Hey I GOTTA have some of dem shirts when you gettem made up. I'll even need a racin team sticker for the new aircraft carrier!!! LETER ROLL BRO!!!

Fl Boy in ILL

Lou

Doesn't BP live in Iowa?? If so we still have several SLDBA races this year that he could attend, myself, Sam Baker, Brebt Shaw would all be willing to lend a hand and give our advice from experience. Let me know if I can help.

RIck Conklin

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Then she said, "Is someone else driving his boat?" I told her nope, that you were. "HE'S PYSCHO"!!!
:LMAO: :LMAO:

Yep! :big grin

Red, come on let's drag baby!! Yea THREE-PEET it is!! :beer:

Rick, thanks for that too...I will tell BP to check out these comments.

stoker

Hey Lou good to here you will give it a go
If you got the time,i would race the first IHBA division 1 race opener for 2008 in Pheonix in April.Firebird raceway is the worlds most premier dragboat facility in the world!!!
They have an all day test&tune on Friday where the RedBluff race does not offer this.
Once you win a race,especially against the carboats,you will be hooked:)

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Thanks Kevin,

I may do that, this fall I am going to revamp the setup on my A-boat and try to get consistent. :beer: