GM fuel pump whine

RedAllison

I've heard a blue million of them over the years, had one or two take a crap as well. Especially when you run the tank near empty and only have about 5 gallons or less in the tank. They'll whine a steady, high pitched whine. This week with going too Lake Fork I decided to use some leftover SeaFoam to clean the injectors in my 02 Avalanche (5.3 with 115k miles). I dumped 32oz of it in the tank on the way down and carried another 32oz for the return trip. Yesterday when I got near home the fuel light came on. By the time I went on into town, dropped the boat off and drove too the gas station it had only 4 gallons left in the tank. The last couple of months it's been whining like a mo-fo if I run the tank low enough for the fuel light to come on.

After the "wash down" in SeaFoam that fuel pump is now quiet as a mouse. It's pretty slick/oily stuff and is claimed to be a top end luber as well as fuel system lubricant. I'd hafta agree now. Might start periodically puttin some SeaFoam in the ol 'lanche. Doesn't get used much anyway, just sits around til time to haul something off or tow something.

:wink
RA