Gearcase threads?

whipper

Butt it's YELLOW!
I saw this on Titas G,s site and copyed that color sceme. Think on the Yellow GS it will look good. My Allison planer is black to break it up a bit on the foil. Im going to wait untill wed to try her out. I need to put a new water pump in while shes off and let the paint cure a bit so when i stick oil in it and spill as ussual I can wipe it up without worry. Cost of material was about 40 bucks and LOTS of time.:beer:

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Whip,

Now thats how a GS SHOULD look!!!!

Looks like we have the calm after the storm here today, gonn'a get out on the big water and GO.

Wish we had some Alli bud's to shoot some running shots of of us. Most of the perf guys around here are 30' and above. We go to Sunset Bay a lot but even there we be alone, can't get anyone to run with me on a calm day, why is that?

Bob.

whipper

Well just got her put back on tonight with a new water pump and lube. Going to try her out tomorrow or today I guess.:shock: Ill see how much of this paint stays on. Its -1 C right now hear so the water should be getting good for some fall running. going to be 70F wed so thats not bad.:big grin Ill get some better pics in the sunlight tomorrow I mean today.

whipper

Paint stayed on!! Yaaa. The case performed very good. Picked up 1mph maybe? At least it was as fast as before. Looked pretty good. Got some coments at the ramp. Drove straight as an arrow. Felt a little lean at first? I lowered the motor and used more trim and she straightednd out. No blow out. I made 6 or 7 at least high speed passes around 85mph. i only had my 25 trophy on. I could have got a little more but I still have a cracked midsection and didnt want to risk it. Even cought a nice little rainbow trout!! A few accually.

Last edited:

whipper

you actually beach your boat?
I could never do that.
:big grin Very very delicatly and never pull her up {in the pics shes acually floating}. There arnt and warfs at any of the ramps up North. All pretty remote. I just launch and go. I acually threw 5 rocks deeper before launching. I inspect every time for sharp rocks and have not one single mark anywere on my hull. I never beach the boat as per say float her as close as I can. Just guide her very slow untill I figure she will float long enough for me to park the truck 30ft away and not swim for her.:big grin There was no other boats in the water and like glass so had some time to snap some pics. I have a Hambys keel gaurd i bought just incase but so fare its not been a problem.

Last edited:

RobShaw-BasSport

This is looking up at the bottom of my Sportmaster. Filling in one of the inlet ports and reshaping the case as recommended by Darris. Robbie Patterson did the work shortly after I bought the BasSport Pro new in Sep 2007.

Last edited:

allimax

This is looking up at the bottom of my Sportmaster. Filling in one of the inlet ports and reshaping the case as recommended by Darris. Robbie Patterson did the work shortly after I bought the BasSport Pro new in Sep 2007.

Just curios, do you know how it was filled in? TIG maybe or some type of epoxy? He did a nice job, can't even see where the old port was.

SLOmofo

Just curios, do you know how it was filled in? TIG maybe or some type of epoxy? He did a nice job, can't even see where the old port was.
Peened it over/closed with a hammer. :twisted evil