Gauges, Steering, Jackplates, ETC - XTB21

Kmack

Thanks to Bassman33 it looks like I will be mounting a 2004 200XS on my 88 XTB21.

That means I will be removing the Suzuki rigging and replacing with new.
I am thinking gauges, steering, shift/control box for sure and possibly jack plate, hydraulic (steering only and/or both).

Considering that I chose to go light with motor choice, I am thinking not going hydraulic but I would like to here your input. Also, what brand type gauges, Jack plate, control box, do you guys think best for this application?

Sorry for all the questions but I appreciate the help.

fnshrmaster

My XTB has the hydraulic from Allison. Is very nice, second Allison to have it.

If you can find a good dual cable system it will be fine. The hydraulic is really nice. Just depends, how much you want to invest.

Kurt

scj

If you like to test, go with a hydraulic jack plate. If you're a set it and forget it guy, static jack plate will work just fine.
Definitely go with hydraulic steering. A friend of mine just switched his XTB out and it's one of the best improvements you can make.

Mrbuck50

Last time I asked Bill it was $1400 for the steering. Livorsi gauges are super sweet but pricey. Ask SCJ who he got his shifter from. I like his better than mine because he has a detent and mine is friction lock.
You can find SeaStar 5345 kits for around $1000 if the "Allison" designed one is not a must have for you. My understanding is the Allison one has keyed brackets on it and that's the only difference. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

scj

Eddie Marine has a nice detent style shifter.
You'll have to make a backing plate but that's pretty easy to fab up.

RoseXB03

6345 cylinder is it. I bought my kit from Glenn Reynolds, also Lee Sanderson had a good price. Glenn had a little pump for bleeding, after install I took it back and they bled the system in about 10 minutes.