Gasoline and matches....

RedAllison

Not tryin to dis on that particular song but IMHO it sounds essentially like the rest of them in "Todays Nashville". (Which I've come to refer to as Trashville) The voices are about as similar as most cars today. Hard to distinguish one from the other. :confused:

I'm convinced that most listeners under 35-40yrs old today have "retarded ears" as they just don't seem to have any musical abilities nor appreciation for actual talent. I suppose they are just innocent products of mass production/corporate "stamp it and send it out" music? The true hallmark of a great talent used to be something distinctive and different about their voice, their sound, their style, their abilities and ESPECIALLY their ability to put RAW EMOTION AND SOUL in their peforming. Now it seems as if everyone is just doing the exact same thing, sounding the exact same sound and writing about the same general and repeating crapola.

Whatever happened to a THUMPING back beat like Waylon's or an overpowering piano like Ronnie Milsap or that voice quality of a vocalist like Conway Twitty???

Being from THE music state, I get depressed when I see what essentially ALL music has come to these days. It's just heartless dribble snapped up by an unknowing and seemingly care less society! :very sad
RA

Wantin for sumpin sorta like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-pb4FLU7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfciLwwxM1Q

ps
Now Beck, well he's Beck. If a person doesn't like nor appreciate him then see my "retarded ears" comment above!!!

Last edited:

Scott Gilmore

There's still a lot of GREAT music, you just have to dig for it (like always). Mr. Flat out knows exactly what I'm talking about. Scott :beer:

RedAllison

Scott, I agree there IS great stuff still out there BUT THATS JUST IT, you gotta DIG & LOOK for it! The crap gets the airplay & the good stuff is underground. I just don't understand it? :confused:

PS RA, GO GATORS !!!!!! Scott :laughing
:furious Where's my eraser sabre? :big grin