Gas Prices...

WildWolf

I've been hauling corn the past couple months http://kevinshaulingservice.webs.com/ and the price is going crazy because of the speculators that are using scare tactics of shortages to the food and feed supply being redirected to the fuel market(E85) gas, also huge tariffs being put in place to control import/export. We use to haul at a very steady pace and everyone made money (farmers,truckers,feedlots) but prices just spike all the time(fuel,corn) and it doesn't always show-up in the price of food because subsidies(goverment control) dont allow a true free market. Mr.Obongo and his bunch are making things so bad and walking all over OUR constitution its UNREAL! This is just my little corner of the world but I would bet every other market in this country is going through the same thing. This has to change or we will be just a "World Community" of peasants to a King. We NEED another RONNY REAGAN!!!!!!!
:soap box

PS, Just wondering how much diesel does it take to produce a gallon of alcohol? "Ethanol fuel from corn faulted as 'unsustainable subsidized food burning' in analysis by Cornell scientist" http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Aug01/corn-basedethanol.hrs.html

WW

WildWolf

"about 70 percent more energy is required to produce ethanol than the energy that actually is in ethanol. Every time you make 1 gallon of ethanol, there is a net energy loss of 54,000 BTU."

Sorry to rant about this:beating dead horse but this information is from 2001 and yet we keep going down this road? Can you imagine how much money has been spent on this at that % loss??????

WW:laughing

strip

Ethanol effects us all and will continue to rape our wallets. Some of us sooner than others. My decision to sell my Allison was largely based on cut backs in the poultry industry (my wifes occupation) to weather the astronomical increase in the price of corn (for feed). Many poultry/beef companies are already closing there doors and filing bankruptcy due to corn prices. And this continues after Al Gore publicly admitted that he lied about the bennefits in ethanol in gasoline for political reasons.

BigRedAlli

Al Gore publicly admitted that he lied about the bennefits in ethanol in gasoline for political reasons.
Al Gore is a peice of chit....All I got to say about that subject....

whipper

Over $6 bucks a gallon up hear!!:gasp Oil is under 100 bucks and only went over for one day last week. When oil was $160.00 a barrel a few years back the highest gas got was $5 a gal!!! We are getting raped and thats against the law! Gas prices have been artificially high for about a year now and we aren't killing anyone? I think the Govt got us scared of our own shadows to the point we don't stick up for whats right anymore.:mad:

biller31

F**k OPEC and F**k Obamunists everywhere! Oh...And F**k the gas/ethan-hole prices right in the *ss! Thats all I have to contribute to this lively discussion on the currnet state of affairs as it relates to all gasoline, gasoline alternatives, and there prices! Carry on.

RedAllison

Biller, Biller, Biller... I wish you'd STOP beatin around the bush and just COME ON OUR and TELL US what you're thinkin!!! :razz

Burning our food as fuel has ALWAYS been a STUPID idea and doomed from the start. The Egyptians have destroyed the Nile Delta trying to overtake our cotton production. The South American's have overtaken the bean markets but America holds the unique position of being THE greatest ecology on the globe for corn production. But even at current levels (and has been for DECADES) over 60% of our annual corn production goes to livestock feed. So ANY amount you take out of that yield shows up DIRECTLY on our grocery bills!!! :furious

DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead
RA

Alli-drenaline Rush

How can we rid our country of this idiocracy?
Strip - One element of ridding our country of the idiot-ocracy is to help people to learn to think critically for themselves...... case in point from today's LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-climate-hollywood-20110227,0,3056165.story

If the science of climate change is settled, then why does the UN want to engage Hollywood to sell the idea? Thirty - forty years ago, it was the global cooling scare.... now it is the global warming scare.......

And who ever thought to ask "what does hope and change mean to me?"

Now we know and the answer ain't pretty......

"One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato.

RedAllison

Bill it's enough to keep ya up at night aint it? :sad

Until we STOP these folks that vote and live strictly for waiting on the mailbox for "dey check" (welfare, wic, SSI, disability etc...) it's NOT gonna change. We've finally gotten too a "50/50" point in our country's life where appx 50% of the people are getting somekind of support/check in the mail from the govt. That's been the entire plan since day one back in the 30s when some of this crap was started and it's just SNOWBALLED since the 60s and "the great society"! The pinkolibs have essentially created an underclass that is dependent upon elected officials for the welfare. What we're now 3+ generations into it? :rolling eyes

Hopefully it won't take an outright civil war and the "us vs them" street too street battles. If that happens the economy as we know it is DONE. But for sure those of us paying the bills in this country are at our boiling point and we're ready for DRASTIC measures of SOME SORT!!!

:furious
RA

ps
Along the lines of what AdRush said above, anyone remember one of the early speeches Clinton gave after he first took office and went to Hollywood and threw a "Thank You" dinner? He's on tape telling the Hollywood eliteists, "You change the culture, we'll change the laws!!!" Folks truly don't believe that the liberals are THAT hellbent on ruining our country, but they ARRRRRRRRRRRE. They believe by devine right THEY should rule and all but a handful of exceptions, should be subjects NOT citizens. Ask most european countries how that has worked out for them over the last 500 years!!!

Last edited:

allisonjr

I swear i think if they could make pure water run a car it would be 5 bucks a gallon too.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Bill it's enough to keep ya up at night aint it? :sad

Until we STOP these folks that vote and live strictly for waiting on the mailbox for "dey check" (welfare, wic, SSI, disability etc...) it's NOT gonna change. We've finally gotten too a "50/50" point in our country's life where appx 50% of the people are getting somekind of support/check in the mail from the govt. That's been the entire plan since day one back in the 30s when some of this crap was started and it's just SNOWBALLED since the 60s and "the great society"! The pinkolibs have essentially created an underclass that is dependent upon elected officials for the welfare. What we're now 3+ generations into it? :rolling eyes

Hopefully it won't take an outright civil war and the "us vs them" street too street battles. If that happens the economy as we know it is DONE. But for sure those of us paying the bills in this country are at our boiling point and we're ready for DRASTIC measures of SOME SORT!!!

:furious
RA

ps
Along the lines of what AdRush said above, anyone remember one of the early speeches Clinton gave after he first took office and went to Hollywood and threw a "Thank You" dinner? He's on tape telling the Hollywood eliteists, "You change the culture, we'll change the laws!!!" Folks truly don't believe that the liberals are THAT hellbent on ruining our country, but they ARRRRRRRRRRRE. They believe by devine right THEY should rule and all but a handful of exceptions, should be subjects NOT citizens. Ask most european countries how that has worked out for them over the last 500 years!!!

Very well-stated Red....... we have, as you so rightly pointed out, reached the point penned by Alexis de Tocqueville in the early 1800s.....

Alli-drenaline Rush

work is real slow here.. if gas hits 4:50 a gallon i wont be making any boating trips this year... i will have to stay local. this economy sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heck Roy I figured that you were at $4.50 a gallon already feeding those beastly machines you spend all winter building up so that you can run the crap out of them in the summer!!!! :shock:

SLOmofo

I swear i think if they could make pure water run a car it would be 5 bucks a gallon too.
If one buys bottled water at a Stop and Rob it is over $5.00 a gallon.

I've put away 100 Gallons of 87 in the last few months. Started when it was $3.19 now it's $3.79. If/when Libia falls it will be over $5.00 if/when the Saudi's fall it will be over $10.00.

suicidealli

i build the lake motors for 93 oct, and aces addative. around 165-170 lbs comp. the race boat gets the same when i use it to joy ride. otherwise 200 lbs and 110 oct.. the trips in the suburban towing the boat is bad..... work is slow here. working this week, and bid on a nice job, just depends i guess......

roy

allisonjr

the high gas prices take the working mans extra spending money. The money we use to go out to dinner with, buy fishing lures, and go on fishing trips. No one can afford to do anything that isnt necessary.