Gas gauge sending unit

brotherxb03

My gas gauge quit working on my xb03 and I took the sending unit apart after jumping the wires to check the gauge. And I found a little square magnet loose inside. Does any one know where it goes?

chad202

Agree with Yellowallison. Even after glueing the magnet back on, it would only work sometimes.

froggy

1. Measure the depth of your tank (top to bottom)
2. Call Livorsi and order sending unit at this time give them depth of tank (they will cut unit to proper length)
3. Wait, anxiously, for 2 - 3 days and unit willl arrive
4. Remove old unit - save rubber gasket
5. Install new unit, using old rubber gasket (it will take a number of tries to match the bolt pattern properly)
6. Fill gas tank to top
7. Calibrate sending unit by turning screw that corresponds to full. Turn screw until gas gauge shows full
8. Pick and grin because gas gauge never worked this well before.

froggy

hack02

Froggy hit the nail on the head. They make a good product. I'll have to look at my old tank but I think you can also zero in the guage when the tank is empty; thereby not having a quarter tank left when the guage reads empty, or vice/versa.

rmills280

been runnin round just putting in what i knew would get me there on home lake (watts bar) time to check on livorsi !

froggy

If Livorsi cuts it for you you only have to calibrate for full, it comes pre-calibrated for empty. Of course, if you don't trust Livorsi, you can calibrate it for empty also.

Incidentally, this is all very easy to do and the new units are two wire, just like the existing sending unit, so the electrical part is a snap.

froggy

fasteddie

I am about to order a sending unit from Livorsi. My question is if my tank is 17" from top to bottom and I order a 16" unit how much gas is in the left in the tank when she reads empty? Thinking about a saftey zone so when it gets low or reads empty I'll have a little left to get me home on or should I just go with a 17" and add the cushion in myself?

Thanks

Ed

Myron

just order one longer then what you need and cut it yourself, it is real easy, plus you can get it exact, the best way to cut it is with a tubbing cutter.

froggy

Livorsi cuts the sender 1/2" shorter than the total depth you give them. If you want a bigger reserve (shorter yet) you can specify an even shorter cut or cut it yourself.

froggy