Fuel return line question

Blue Gray in PA

I have a Moeller 24 gallon tank in my XTB and it appears to have only one fitting in the center top for the fuel outlet. I need to add a return line since I'm going to an EFI motor and was wondering how to add this line. My boat is currently in storage but I have a photo showing the fuel tank and it appears there may be two inlets/outlets in the rectangular plate that is part of the fuel level sending unit. Can I remove one of these and add a fitting or are they part of the sending unit mechanism? I am trying to plan ahead so I don't have any delays when switching the motors and this is one potential problem area. Can anybody tell me if this will work or how they added a return line? Thanks!

mtolley

blue gray, when i installed the 280 and 260 on my other bassboat, i simply used a large center punch to knock a hole in the tank. used a 1/4" brass barb fitting sealed it in with pc10 epoxy. been there two years and still going strong! youll love the midrange and topend charge of the 280! mike t

Yellowallison

Thanks for the quick reply YA. ----- No problem..!!!

I'm still hoping to get to your neck of the woods soon -for the warmer weather and the chance to meet...---------- CMON down ..jus give me few days HEADS UP!:razz :razz :razz

Blue Gray in PA

Thanks for the additional option Mtolley. I'll keep it in mind if the other fittings don't open.

YA - I'll give you a heads-up when I know more about my travels but this coming week has me in KY, AZ and Mexico and the following week I'll be in Knoxville for a few days. Sometime soon I hope - it's getting cold up here again....