Fuel hose size on fuel rail

tomoad

on a 260/280/drag what size is the fuel hose? 3/8''? not the hose were the injectors are at, the hose that splits off after coming in on bottom of fuel rail. Mercury wants an arm & leg for there's and doesn't state what size it is. Looks like 3/8'' or maybe a metric size. I put a new 3/8'' line in from tank in boat to bottom of fuel rail but the other looked a different size.

tomoad

Correction I just went and looked and the hose is just a little bit littler than the 5/16 return line. So it must be metric

Bobalouie

If you are talking about the hose that goes from the top of the rail to the regulator, then from the regulator to the tank return fitting, then I think that is metric. It is definitely smaller than 3/8", but bigger than 5/16". I used 3/8" from the rail to the regulator and clamped the pee waddle out of it on the regulator slide. It fits tight on the rail side. Then I used a considerable amount of effort to get 5/16" hose over the regulator nipple on the return to tank side and put a new fitting in the tank to accept the 5/16" hose.

I used 1/2" from the tank to the pump, then 3/8" from the tank to the rail.

merc326

I like the aeroquip fuel hose. It is a high pressure hose with a protective outter wrap.