Found game meat I CAN'T cook to greatness!

RedAllison

Michelle asked me this morning if I would prep some deersteaks for tonight. So went too my game freezer and I grabbed a few deersteaks (whitetail) and one muledeer tenderloin and a few loincuts of Antelope. I thawed them quickly in the warm sun today and after lunch I marinated them in a concoction that is about the same that I typically serve at the rallies.

As usual, both kinds of the deermeat was wonderful but the antelope... it has a great texture, color and the moisture was SPOT ON! If looks were nourishment I could win ANY competition with the way the "sagegoat" steaks looked. But the taste, they aren't OH GROSS SPIT OUT bad but the natural overwhelming "sageness" of the prarie speedsters is over powering. About two good chews and your like, "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't think this is very good." At first bite it is GREAT, but then sage starts coming through and grows until it overpowers any of the marinade or moisture I put into it. LOL Michelle just flatout said they tasted like panda too her and was worried that was all I had fixed for everyone!

Anybody gotta recipe for antelope (other than the old nail it to a board and put in the sun routine)?

Oh well, I guess I'll have to come up with a marinade to tame this beast with! (Premix 2stroke comes too mind...)
RA