Foot throttle manufacturer

xs03mich

Foot throttle.....I am new to the world of allison boats, so my question. On my 96 grandsport any one know the manufactuer of the foot throttle, mine is all out of adjustment along with a tight cable. Do not know if i'll fix it or put another one in, with a new cable. It has black rectangler pedal and small box underneath. Could it be a Land and Sea? Thanks.

xs03mich

Thanks CDave that one looks like a bobs machine type. The one I have is very simple and plain looking, probably time for upgrade anyways. Mine is a rectangular foot thottle appox. six inches high about two inches wide black in color. Attached to a small rectagular box with spring assembly in it. I wish I had a way to post pic, but lack equipment to do so. Thanks.

XB21er

That sounds like a Land & Sea. They were dual-action, so the hand throttle would work as well as the foot. You have to remove the unit from the floor to adjust- there is a plate on the bottom of the box that, once removed, exposes the cable ends. It's easy to adjust, but the cables must be top quality and in very good shape- L & S used to recommend a special "low friction" cable.

xs03mich

Thanks XB-21er, I think it may be land and sea. Thanks for the info. Yes the hand and foot throttle do work together in a sense, very tight and yet very sloppy. I will have to tear the system apart and see about "special cables". I will probably convert it to something else though, so I could use standard cables? The end that works the foot throttle back at the motor has very little shaft. The threads on the barrell end back at the motor to connect it have maybe only a inch or so of threads. I could only get about five threads through it, I figure not very safe in the long term. But it should give me a place to check for parts. I had to order two new bolts for the land and sea jack plate and they were very pricy. Thanks again.