Flying butcher

The Cashew Kid

It was nice to meet you the other day Bill. Enjoyed lunch even though it took an hour to get my hamburger steak.:very happyWe'll hafta pick us another place next go around. Maybe we'll have better weather and better fishing next time. Anyway, it was nice meeting you sir.

Jeff

RedAllison

Yep bill enjoyed it, to bad the weather was so :cuss all week. You musta turned in early Thursday night? Was waitin on ya with more :at the bar

This whole week was a bust, we all packed up a day early and rolled out this morning. 30+ NW winds, 30 sumpin degrees this mornin with a high inda upper 40s with MORE wind... Lake Fork literally looked like the east coast of Florida this morning. Jeff and I rolled across the bridge headin home and one moron was out in the main lake trying to make his way. Was in some kind of tournament sized glass rig. Literally only their heads and tops of the seat and motor were visible when the boat would disappear in the wave troughs. And that's going STRAIGHT INTO the waves!!! :help Yes that lake was TREACHEROUS. Several tourneys today, would be interesting to know who returned with broken chit or via tow ropes. :shock:

Good meetin ya Bill, hopefully nextyear the weather and fish will be more cooperative.
RA

ps
It was SO rough they flatout CANCELLED the big 3 DAY, 2 Lake Big Bass Tournament that was scheduled for today through Sunday. http://www.bigbasstour.com/blog/news-and-events/slot-lake-shootout-cancelled/ Seeing the lake today as Jeff and I crossed it over the bridge, I agree they did the RIGHT thing. Woulda be lives endangered and LOTS of busted up boats and folks had they been out there today!

Last edited:

FLYING BUTCHER

Hey it was great meeting all you guys. I was workin on 4 hours of sleep (plus I couldn't see 10' with my damn fogged up contacts). Billy and Steve were fishin same cove and even hollered at me?? I couldn't tell it was them!! What a dufus plus being an old fart. When I was on the way home I hit the front-rain wind etc. Gave Billy a cell call and told him he better get OFF the lake!! He called back later and said he was thankful for the "chip" to get him back in. Had to really be bad on the water. Sorry the darn Texas weather was so bad to you all. Next year I'll plan on getting a little more sleep-clean contacts-and do a little drinkin?? Great bunch of guys, typical Allison family. Thanks so much for all the hospitality lookin forward to doing it again. Have fun be safe

Texan

Great seeing you again Bill - without the umbrella. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I hope we can catch up again in Tyler with Rocket and have dinner.

The weather? Well, what can I say. It is clear and calm here today and 42 degrees. But you plan something a year out and it is impossible to predict what the weather will be. But on Fork, you have to plan it a year out or you won't have enough hotel space to support the event. We still had a helluva time in spite of it.

GotMyAlly

Good to see all of you guys. We had fun despite the weather. Next year you old guys will have to tag along to the karoake bar....

Texan

Good to see all of you guys. We had fun despite the weather. Next year you old guys will have to tag along to the karoake bar....
You and Pie din't look like you wuz too happy 'bout the karoake bar at 8AM when we went to poundin on your door.....

BigRedAlli

You and Pie din't look like you wuz too happy 'bout the karoake bar at 8AM when we went to poundin on your door.....

At least they wern't standing on the street corner w/bags in hand!!! Must not be no goats in Texas... :shock::LMAO:

Sorry guy's...couldn't help my self...:big grin

RedAllison

At least they wern't standing on the street corner w/bags in hand!!! Must not be no goats in Texas... :shock::LMAO:
Marty you shoulda been with Jeff and I as we got too Lake Fork. We were about 5 miles down the road from the marina, headin in when we passed a FIREWORKS stand, a goat pen about 1/4 mile down from there and then 2 camels in a oak grove a mile past that!!! :shock:

MAN was we concerned for our buddies. I figgert ol Buford T. Justice of TX wasn't gonna be as humorous as the Jasper PoPo. :LMAO:
RA

props4u2

There goes the big fish of the trip....

I always heard that an Allison is not a fishing boat, especially a 2003. Did someone hand that fish off to you from another brand of boat? LOL!!! Sounds like y'all had a great time.

Lee

FLYING BUTCHER

Just wanted Neal to know his "secret" about (wanting to "ride") the sheep (although in Texas I don't think they call that act rideing)?? is well kept with me??? Man that is some story for sure. Headed back down next Monday and Tuesday to see if I can make the wind blow? Later on

BigRedAlli

Marty you shoulda been with Jeff and I as we got too Lake Fork. We were about 5 miles down the road from the marina, headin in when we passed a FIREWORKS stand, a goat pen about 1/4 mile down from there and then 2 camels in a oak grove a mile past that!!!

MAN was we concerned for our buddies. I figgert ol Buford T. Justice of TX wasn't gonna be as humorous as the Jasper PoPo.
RA

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Can't believe they didn't give the camels a try!!! Ya'll must have kept them distracted...:wink

Texan

Da snag atda restaurant kept dim distracted. I found some goats on a back road around there that I'll point them toward next year.

allisonriverrat

flip flops, jogging pants and parka! whats wrong with that picture? lamo. was u exspecting warm weather? forget the rockys!

Last edited: