Flasher died in my XB2003

gmorgan

Ladies and gentlemen, my old Humminbird ID Sixty in-dash flasher went out this past week, and I need to replace it or something. If I could find a good used one, I wouldn't mind replacing it with the same unit since I only use it for help staying out of shallow water.

Then, again, I could just cover up the hole it is in and replace my old Lowrance chart with a new something or other and save the money I'd spend on the flasher replacement.

I just bought a Garmin EchoMap for the front two weeks ago.

I'm soliciting your opinions.

Thanks for the input.

GotMyAlly

The old flashers ain't got nothin' on the new LCD units. If it were me, I'd be shopping for a new humminbird with side imaging and let budget dictate which series (and size).

gmorgan

I think that is what I'll do. I'll order a piece of the faux carbon material and cover the old hole and spend my money on current technology as opposed to old.

Dave Hensley

Knock the dust off those Ben Franklins and get you a new one. Personally if I did not structure fish I would get a new Lowrance flasher and put it right back n the same hole. JMHO. Neil is a pro fisherman and has plenty of money for all the bells and whistles.....:LMAO:

GotMyAlly

LOL.......my humminbird 997 has lived on three different boats, from my first XB03. I've got gen1 side imaging stuff.

To me, the benefit of an LCD (even without side imaging) is the mapping. Even if you don't fish, the navigation aid is valuable. Go to a new lake.....no problem. River channels, shallow spots, marinas -- all marked.

Dave Hensley

LOL.......my humminbird 997 has lived on three different boats, from my first XB03. I've got gen1 side imaging stuff.

To me, the benefit of an LCD (even without side imaging) is the mapping. Even if you don't fish, the navigation aid is valuable. Go to a new lake.....no problem. River channels, shallow spots, marinas -- all marked.
Oh yeah. I had forgotten that you got married and don't hold the purse strings by yourself!!! I agree with the navigation bells and whistles but also know how Gary uses his boat. I hate drilling extra holes in one and if there is a hole in needs to have something in it. My cell phone has the Navionics app on it and I get all the other stuff if I need it. Now having said all that Gary could buy him a new XB 21 with all the newest 9" stuff networked where all he had to do was turn the key and it would take him to the spot that eight pounders were jumping in the boat and going through the tackle box to show him what to throw.....

gmorgan

Dave, it sounds like you're talking about catching. The correct term for what I do is fishing. Very little catching going on in the 89 degree water down here in sunny Alabama.