Fishing story and thanks to Tim Messer for the hot tip

Blue Gray in PA

My son Ryan and I went fishing late in the afternoon last Friday hoping to catch a few bass in the river. When we got there, the water was a little choppy but fishable for where we were headed. After an hour of working the banks with no luck, he turns around and says, "Hey Dad, look how dark it's getting back there." I had noticed it was looking like rain earlier and since we weren't getting any bites, I suggested we head for home. He said he wanted to stay a little while longer so I started putting my rain gear on. He laughingly asked me, "Whatsa matter Dad, you afraid to get wet?" I told him I bought the gear to wear it not look at, and I kept putting it on in spite of his comments. About ten minutes later we heard thunder and I made the call to get us off the water before the lightning showed up. As we headed back to the launch, we went about 3/4 mile upriver and ran into some hard rain and sleet along with two foot rollers which is really unusual for our area. I sped up to ride the peaks of the waves and he starts yelling that the rain and sleet hurts and I should slow down. We were only going sixty so I told him we needed to keep moving to stay on top of the waves and he should, "Man up smart guy". After giving him about a minute of this abuse, I suggested he turn his seat around like Tim told me he does when riding with Dark Allison. Ryan turned his seat around and tucked in as tight as he possibly could in that little seat and let the raina ndlseet pelt the back of his head the rest of the way back to the launch. When we got there, I just smiled and said, "Well I'm nice and dry, how about you?" He didn't see the humor in it but anyone with kids will appreciate the chance to show them us old folks ain't as stupid as they think we are.......

jimmyb

when i fished tournaments with my xtb, my tourney partner always turned the seat backward on cold or rainy days. He also liked facing backward so he could wave at all the guys i passed

GFinch

He also liked facing backward so he could wave at all the guys i passed

Thats just mean........ I like it!:LMAO:

RedAllison

Bygot THEY ARE ALIVE, Tim and James I been wonderin if someone had taken yall hostage and kept you away from ya computers!!! :beer:

LOL Scott you're a mean father, no rainsuit for ya kid? :laughing I suspect he'll be diggin for his own next time! I kinda do the same thing with my oldest (12), I can tell him to do something until I'm blue in the face but it's a waste of time. So I just let him "live the life" a time or two and then generally he picks it up quick! :wink

I STILL think with an extra console, raised decks and a "decent price" the XTB could be a HOTCAKE SELLER today!!!
RA