fishin in the cold

Speedman

fishing and blowing things up!!

So we decide to hit the river after discovering an open ramp up North. Greg S meets me at the house at 7 a.m. The road in is 1/4 mile long, not plowed, goes up and down a hill but I got 4 wheel drive, no problem! We plow through a mound of snow go down the hill, turn the boat around and we're in! Go to pull the boat and...What happened to 4wd? Suddenly it's not working . So what would anybody do? Leave the trailer on the ramp and go fishing! Engine starts nice in the 25 degree weather and first spot is only a mile away, fish for a while with a big to show for it. That's o.k its a Feb. spot. We head to the next spot, a nice 75 foot hole and then Greg has the nerve to catch the first walleye! A nice 18" fish from 60 ft of water on a jig he bought from the clearance rack at Wal-Mart, WTF Alright, I can handle this. I call my bro up and have him get in touch with my other brother who has a full size 4x4 and tell him to meet us there at 2 p.m. giving us plenty of time to actually catch something. So we head off to the early winter walleye spot and I get the first one from 48 ft on a jig about 18", but Greg gets 2 more and I am down 3-1, I manage 1 more and we each had several others on in 37-50 ft. Well time to make the long run and see what the smallies are up to. I bring him to a spot and he drops the Aquaview over and yep, here they are! I immediately get 1 smallie about 14" in 26 ft of water and that was it! We fish for another hour or so and I get a perch about 8" long, at least it's a fish. With a little bit of time we had back up river to the good spot and I get 1 more 18"er and we had to call it quits. Fire up the big motor and going back, hit a pretty large ice flow doing about 50, sounded cool but no damage. head back to the ramp to find my bro waiting patiently, we hook up a chain, get me out of the rut and switch trailers. Then I go to put the trailer on and while driving it on I start to here a rapping noise! get the boat on and get out of the woods and turn the engine over and there is definately a rapping noise and it aint fitty-cent! on the way home, stop by the mechanics shop and he sais it sounds like either a blown piston or rod! So I got a 4x4 that isn't and I got a 100 mph boat that does 1 mph on trolling motor and coming in to the best fishing months of the year and I got 3 weeks off as a bonus with pay! I am bummed! But at least I tied the walleye count and since I got a bass and perch, I win! Did I mention Greg was cheating by using minnows on his Wall-Mart jigs! If I had got outfished by bait that would have been the last straw and I probably would have jumped off a bridge! Guess I will have to take the wifes xmas present back! I guess 8.5 years of running a promax with no problems was a gift!

jimmyb

sorry to hear about the motor... it is cool that you got out fishing though!

here's your pic:

to get you pic to show up, hit the img button, paste your url, then hit the img button again

jimmyb

hmmm... that aint working, i dont think the system is recognizing your .jpg because it is in CAPS...

dspencer

May I be of some assistance?........by the way, whats all that white stuff in the background?

Bob Ant

Speedman, sorry to hear about your motor . How do you like the Aquaview? Since you own one is there any advise you would give on buying one? options etc?