First run in the Alli-Shot with the 225 E-Tec

Mr. Scary

Well, the Three Lakes Shootout was this past weekend and it was my first opportunity to run the Alli-Shot with the 225HO E-Tec on it. I have a stock 225 HO powerhead (I'm talking airbox, rev-limiter, steel reeds stock) on a Wayne Taylor 16" mid. It ran awesome and it ended up being very competitive against the other boats/motors there. I ran it in the "Green" class against other E-Tecs and a Mercury 300XS. In 1000', I was able to turn a Mercury 30" Cleaver at the limiter (6200ish) at 84 MPH. By comparison, the winner of the Lake Racer class (full interior minimum seating for 3) was Michael Giesler in his Allison SuperSport Comp running a 280 with 260 Electronics who ran 88 MPH. So, I felt pretty good about 84 MPH because Michael runs fast.

What a great event. There weren't a lot of Allisons there so hopefully we can get some more there. Rich Srnec had his awesome Carbon Fiber 2001 there but I think he was having some engine problems from what it sounds like. What a beautiful boat though.

I'm still getting used to sitting that deep in it and after looking at the pictures, I can tell I'm flying it a bit higher than I need to and probably scrubbing off a little speed, so I'll trim 'er down a bit in the future.

RedAllison

Sam that thing sure strikes an awesome profile onda water!!! :beer:

Did you notice any performance/handling difference by removing the top of the canopy or did you do it just to let some air in there and maybe get out quicker during an "oh chit" moment?

Getchusum, :cool:
RA

whipper

Very nice running shots. What does the Etech weigh and were did you put the setback? Any issues letting out? Good on fuel Ill bet for a drag boat!!:big grin

John S

Not only did ya put one of them cheatin maple leaf BRP, custom etecs on there, but you also went against "The Mans" rule of not putting the heavy motor. So you gotta go to 3 Lakes and apologise for being a no good, lyin, cheatin sob, and Darris is gonna come up and give you a whoopin with no dessert after supper!

Seriously, is the bottom an xb03, correct? What made you go with that bottom? It obviously works. Cant wait to see ya up at 3 lakes next year.

David Lanham

Cool Beans

Thanks for sharing Sam

Seems like Rigs that are setup correctly almost always have the bow flying clean with the motor showing a tad negative trim. Just like this pic.

Yellowallison

SWEET SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Kinda diggin it with the TOP OFF,,,,maybe I should have done that from the begiining:big grin:big grin

Yellowallison

Scott,
You looked a lot better under the canopy!!! LOL

Lee
HUSH UP ole man....cuz yea I know I'm not tall-skinny-SEXY like u :LMAO:

call a bruther sometime..cuz i fo sure miss us BS'n at the races an tell clay I said hey :beer:

Last edited:

Yellowallison

I look at these sweet pics of the ALLISHOT runnin and then I look these pics below......and its still hard to believe today....that Jack and I built it from a pile of burn up XB2003 rubble..

First was going to build Allison Flats boat....i gutted the whole boat.....Jack was about 50% done with Flats boat deck/floor...then we decided to break out the sawzaws and off goes Flatsboat deck...and started plans for the capsule Allyshot.

Boat orginallly belong to Robert XB21 here on the board.....it caught fire in his garage.....I bought it from him who was Super NICE guy to deal with..

BIG CONGRADS SAM.........Looks awesome!!!!!!!! :beer:

Last edited:

90 5.0

Wow, what an amazing transformation, can you post some more finished pics sometime?

that's a cool little boat

RedAllison

Pic a lil fuzzy but aint that Mr. Tom back there workin on the transom of that burnt hull aint it?

:wink
RA

Yellowallison

Pic a lil fuzzy but aint that Mr. Tom back there workin on the transom of that burnt hull aint it?

:wink
RA
Yea Red...thats our hero Mr (fast fishing)Tom...doing what he loved after retirement.....hanging out at Jacks or my uncles dealership talking fishing-props.....just these days he's fast fishin n heaven.. Miss/love ya dad :very happy

Speaking of great dads/hero's.....a blessing I'll never forget is selling the Allyshot to Sam's dad...Mr Ron Baker....like my dad..... truely a great man that loved his fast boats:very happy

Mr. Scary

You're right John, Darris will disown me if he sees me putting that big washing machine on an Allison bottom. Fortunately, ol' Yeller took out the warning plate when he built the boat so I can say that I didn't know I wasn't supposed to put on a motor over 150HP and 350 pounds....many would say playing ignorant isn't that tough for me.

The boat handles the same with and without the canopy. Of course I also went from a 150 to a 225HO at the same time, but the boat drives like a cadillac.

I'm thinking about putting the 20" mid back on it and running it in the Green class at Jasper this year. I think the XB03 bottom is the perfect Allison bottom for this motor. It gets on plane really quick and gets up on the pad fast. We'll see.

Larry D

[QUOTE=John S; you also went against "The Mans" rule of not putting the heavy motor. So you gotta go to 3 Lakes and apologise for being a no good, lyin, cheatin sob, and Darris is gonna come up and give you a whoopin with no dessert after supper!

you are so right John. i know it's not a 003, but Paul G runs a 001 in prostock and goes way beyond what Darris say's. it's about a 500lbs boat 16" set back and about 100lbs bolted to the jackplate and all of his batteries and trim pump are behind the rear bulk head. the boat is the top of the class and runs like it's on a string. also run's pretty close to 1 1/2" above the bottom with the lip. also the fastest top speed in the class. has run some 103 passes on the gps. later Larry D

John S

I'm thinking about putting the 20" mid back on it and running it in the Green class at Jasper this year. I think the XB03 bottom is the perfect Allison bottom for this motor. It gets on plane really quick and gets up on the pad fast. We'll see.
That would be great if you went down there, Im thinking of going myself. Maybe you can get an exemption and say the motors bolted to the quartershot part, lol. Larry, are you referring to that xr with the 12" 3 liter? That thing is bad as all getout.

Mr. Scary

Darris will have to avert his eyes when I race. Fortunately for him, he's usually up on the hill so he may not even see the bottom from there.

Actually, I picked it up at Jasper last year after Jack cut the top off of it and Darris thought it was really cool. Of course it still had the 150 on it at that time.