First Pickwick trip, finally!

Ocktane

Well its about time, I made my first trip over to Pickwick today since arriving in Cordova in March. WOW! You were right Neal, I never want to fish anywhere else again!! Thought I'd share some pics, nothing impressive but I caught 5 species of fish today, three of which were a smallmouth, largemouth, and a spotted bass. I've never been somewhere where I could catch all three! On top of all that, 7 hrs on the breakin, my motor is just about ready to stretch its legs!!!!:twisted evil

GotMyAlly

Nice! Do yourself a favor and stock up on silver buddies............it's about to be that time of the year!

Ocktane

There was a lot of activity there already, packs of bass blowin' the shad to pieces up in the shallows all over the place!

GotMyAlly

There was a lot of activity there already, packs of bass blowin' the shad to pieces up in the shallows all over the place!
Really? I figured they were moving towards deeper winter spots, based on what I saw the last time I was there....but then again, the wind was blowing 30 mph that day so it really messed everything up.

Ocktane

Yeah there was quite a bit of activity up in the shallows. I caught all mine out of 10 -20 foot mostly on a dropshot.

Ocktane

I now work 7AM to 7PM on thursday, not night shift. I may decide to go Friday now, we shall see...

eddie8597

Hey we been whacking them the past month there on a spook. Best 5 Sunday went 18 pounds.