First Allison, prop repair?

CAB5791

Probationary User
Hey y’all, after growing up in the back of an xr02 and always wanting my own Aboat, an opportunity to buy a 94 Grandsport came up a couple weeks ago that I couldn’t turn down. Still getting the hang of it but feeling much better after spending the last 4 days running the river, however after getting it home noticed a small knick on the prop. Anybody have any recommendations on who to send it to for repair? I’m in Jax,FL . Thanks

Attachments

aj06bolt12r

Looks to me like that prop has already been welded on and is starting to crack again in the middle of the blade farther up towards the tip. If that's the case you might be better off starting over with another prop. Loosing an ear at high speed in an Allison can be bad news.

CAB5791

Probationary User
Looks to me like that prop has already been welded on and is starting to crack again in the middle of the blade farther up towards the tip. If that's the case you might be better off starting over with another prop. Loosing an ear at high speed in an Allison can be bad news.
Good eye, I hadn’t even noticed the crack, probably time to retire this wheel

Ally-Sun

He will probably say to trash that one but if anyone could fix it I would say Billy Eaves is the man. His number is 423-667-2160.

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
Too much to risk hurting yourself or the boat. Trash it, and get another one. I am running a 28 Drag 3 from Performance Propeller in Soddy Daisy Tn. Perfect for the Grand Sport and my Promax. Contact Tim Hackney 423-842-7767. Reasonably priced and customer service is outstanding. I will look for you on the water in Jax.View attachment 18314

Last edited:

CAB5791

Probationary User
Yeah after seeing the crack in the blade I’ll scrap it, will look into the drag 3. Luckily the boat also came with a 24 hoss and dads got a bunch of props I could run. think I need to learn the boat more before I figure out a replacement, I was wanting to get dialed in with this prop before trying others but agree it’s not worth the risk. Thanks for the input, I should be running around Ortega area Saturday

wcarlyle

Supporting Member
Good decision. I generally run from Julington Creek across the river into Black Creek, and make frequent trips from Crystal Cove Marina in Palatka to Silver Glen Springs in Ocala and run the river in Welaka. I hope to see you sometime, congrats on your new boat.

ROBERT CROSS

When we got our first GSE we stopped at Hydromotive Engineering on our way home.
(9261 Ravenna Rd, Twinsburg, OH 44087Phone: (330) 425-4266)
Todd was instrumental in getting us set up correctly.
He and his Dad have run Grandsports for decades.

We have three of their props. (14 3/4" X 28 R QIV OT for top end,
14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT, cruising, and a 14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT for hole shots.)183281832918330

Last edited: