Filler for bob's nose cone

brotherxb03

Has any one found a filler that will not crack or blister. I tried dyna glass bob's epoxy, Indrustrial JB weld which held up best but still blistered. Tired of dealing with this chit.

J

John Richied

I have owned a few gearcases with epoxy/nosecones and I learned that once it starts cracking or is damaged it’s best to strip off all the epoxy and do it all as a whole.

There are other industrial epoxies that hold very well, but I can’t remember their names. You might want to search Scream and Fly as I think that's where I learned about them.

The best I ever had a partial epoxy repair hold was when I put a wire wheel on the drill. I then went down to the base of the gearcase… on the sides of the epoxy with the wire wheel I went at an angle so it left groves in the old epoxy. I then sanded the base off the gearcase with like 80-grit sandpaper and this gave the partial epoxy repair something to hold onto. It still wasn’t worth it as in a short time it cracked and came out in chunks… not a good thing at speed, BLOW OUT TIME!

I finally bought a Sportmaster after owning a Torquemaster and 200 gearcase and I sure have a lot less problems.

Jimxb02

Epoxy for nose cone

I have had good results with a product called Marine-Tex. Try West Marine, Boat U.S. or the local marina.

Jim

Yellowallison

Has any one found a filler that will not crack or blister. I tried dyna glass bob's epoxy, Indrustrial JB weld which held up best but still blistered. Tired of dealing with this chit.
go the store and buy bondo glass.. take some fiber cloth and shred it up and mix it it with the bondoglass and you wont have to worry about it flaking off anymore........

also for FYI

you can also use the expoxy the bobs sends ya and do the same .. mix in shreds of glass cloth to it... works good..

Nother FYI...

the expoxy bobs send you with a nose cone kit aint the same stuff they use if yu have them install a case.......

GET RR DUN!!!!!!!