Factory Allison cover

fnshrmaster

Does anyone have a full cover from the factory? I have a newer cover from boats direct but its a one cover fits all and is not the softest on the inside.
The boat does not sit outside, just occasionally at the lake. I called Allison today and the price is kinda steep but as always you get what you pay for.
Thanks! Kurt

red2003

I have a factory cover on my 2003, it stays inside under the cover except for overnite outings. It is 10 or more years old and in great shape. You get what you pay for, the factory covers fit rite and look great.

catfish123

My son Matt just got a new one for his XB2003 and he sure is hoping you get what you pay for, because it was REALLY expensive.

GotMyAlly

I had a factory cover on my XB2003. It was a nice cover......lasted for years and I sold it after I got rid of my 03. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, but Linda's Marine will be making my next cover for me. Very nice custom fit........

FlatOutAlly

I have a factory cover on my 2003, it stays inside under the cover except for overnite outings. It is 10 or more years old and in great shape. You get what you pay for, the factory covers fit rite and look great.
Agree 100. No cover lasts if it's in the sun too much. Mr. Scates cover cost me 550 10 years ago. Still looks great. And it's RED.

You get what you pay for, fer sure.

xr6

I got the factory cover for my GSE last year and thought the fit and price were excellent! I had a cover made for my 16' Baja about 10 yrs. ago... the cheapest quote I got was $700.

Lotus 50

My factory cover cost around the same as a custom cover I had made for my brother's boat. I'm very happy with it. The boat sits outside all summer.

alc

I bought a new 2011, 2002 Fast Bass about 5 mo. ago w/ new cover from Nancy and it is real nice .It has little pockets to fold your straps up and tuck in to so they arent just hanging down when you aren't using them to strap cover down with. The only down side I see is they only come in dove gray, but they are a nice peice. You can even order it w/trolling mtr. delete.

nort

Ordered one late last fall from Allison. It showed up in about 2 1/2 weeks & fits like a glove.
The cost was about the same as I would have paid for a locally made custom cover.
You get what you pay for. If you're gonna keep the boat inside and the cover is basically for dust then get a generic fits all cover. If its gonna be outside at all, you want a good one.
Just my $.02.

woodsman

I have the factory cover for my 91 xtb. Had to clean it up some when I bought the boat but it looks nice now.

K.Kiser

These are good covers, but too much $$ for me... If my boat is gonna live outside I'm gonna spend a little more total and erect a hard cover to protect the boat from hail, direct rain, direct sunlight, fallen fireworks, etc. and then basic canvas cover for dust and cat protection...

ROBERT CROSS

I have the Factory cover with the soft liner, works really well especially for towing. Brought her back from Ark. without a mark.
Don't have inside storage for Summer so had this made for complete tongue to motor protection.

Bob

aeneas

Bob, very nice cover!

Is the factory cover vented, I'm thinking about humidity and fumes? What colors do they come in? What does the inside lining look like?

I will probably buy a factory cover for my boat, just looking for some consumer information here...

catfish123

As far as I know, not vented, 1 color, and white felt like lining.

xr6

The factory covers are vented where the support pole is seated. I still get fuel fumes when I take the cover off....I installed the new vent kit (on the fuel filler inlet) which helped somewhat but you can still smell the gas.

champ198

I got the factory cover for my 2010 XB21. It has the strap winch on the back which really tightens down the cover. Pretty nice cover. It has padding in the areas needed and fits the trolling motor well. I can tow with it at interstate speeds. If I go on a long trip with the cover on, I will take some masking tape (blue tape used for painting) and put it behind the cover straps to keep them from wearing on the gel coat. (Darris showed me that trick). Money well spent.