Exhaust plate question

bc's xtb21

I'm swapping power heads on my xtb21 and I'm going from a 2.4 to a 2.5 I have a 20" bass mid on my boat now and it has the stock 2.4 two piece plate on it. My question is will an offshore one piece fit my bass mid. Any help would be appreciated.btw if it won't I have a one piece offshore exhaust plate I need to trade for one that will work on my mid section.thanks

Dave Hensley

The one piece adapter and tuner will bolt right up to your mid. If the 2.5 is a cast iron line, production motor you will need the Pro Max style pan with the poppet hole in the plate. Several folks on here have made that swap and will have more info. If you are going with a 260/280/300 2.5 I believe any base plate/pan combo will work.

bc's xtb21

Thanks For the help Dave,it's a 200efi block that's going on and I found a promax style plate this evening. Guess I'll end up saving the offshore one for another day.lol

fnshrmaster

Recently made this swap. Dave is correct, make sure you have the correct pan with the triangle dump hole for the poppet or the cooling system will not function properly. I had to cut the hole in my pan after I found out the hard way. Good luck!

bc's xtb21

Thanks again,I was already running solid mounts on the bottom but need a top set,who has the best best deal on solid mounts?