electronics not working

padura

I am looking for some direction on what to do. I have been running two batteries for a while but today decided I needed to go with 3 after my last outing fishing in the grass and the wind. Anyway, I put the 3rd one in for a starting battery and now I have problems. My dash lights, my live well, my gps on the dash and the fishfinder up front, all don't come on anymore. The fuses at the panel appear to be good. I hooked the wires to the new battery the same way they came off the other one. The motor still cranks and the troller works. Can someone tell me where the magic reset button is at? I have a 1997 XB03. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Darrell

BruceMerc

I had the same problem, there is a terminal block or fuse block in the back near the fuel tank. You can trace your wires from the batteries to find it. Not sure if this is your problem but this is where we traced mine to.

padura

Thanks. It is giving me fits but I am gonna find it before the weekend.

pickwickangler

Yep, it's the little plug on top of the gas tank, right where the wires go through the side wall to the battery. You got 2 plugs there and one of em came undone.

padura

Andy, I went in the back compartment and looked around to see if anything was anything disconnected. Didn't notice anything. I was told there is a reset but I can't find anything that looks like a reset. I changed all of the fuses in the panel on the dash and crawled under the dash to have a look see. Problem is that I really don't know WTF I am looking for. Is there a main fuse somewhere that I am missing?

GotMyAlly

My XB03 had a reset in the back right storage box. It was in the inside wall of that box, like on the side nearest the gas tank. Look under the lip, a little behind the catch for the lid latch.

Bob Ant

I can only try to help based on my boat , so here goes. On my 2003 the live well pumps have their own positive and negative leads, not sure what else runs off of those two wires . If your live well pumps are turned on and you touch the positive lead to positive post and neg. to neg post they should come on. Are you sure you got the right set of wires to one battery? Under the lid on the back compartment , almost next to the transom, there is a terminat block that connects some wires , mine is brass post and screw. My screw was loose and giving my tack and lights fits, work , not work kind of thing.

Since yours worked prior to adding a battery, I would bet that you have mismatched the positive and negative wires that power the pumps. If yours is anything like mine, ratsnest, it is easy to do.

Good Luck.

Bob A.

PS make sure your switches in the front are in the proper position

padura

It is a ratsnest for sure. I keep looking for that terminal block. I am hoping that I don't have to pull the tank.

Jessie

In the back storage box on the drivers side, there is a a block with a reset button. It is under the lip where your stern light is stored. You need to look way under the lid to see it. It will probably look like it has not been tripped.

padura

Thank you. I am going to tackle it in the morning again. I never looked around on that side of the compartment. I know, I am a dumbass.

allison xtb

Take a test wire and go from the negetive on the new battery to the negetive on the old battery. This will tell you if your ground is on the correct battery.

msharp

Might want to ck and see if you might have a ground OR a pos left on the other batt. NOT just the one you took from the one batt . breaker souldn't be tripped unless you crossed something, you would have seen some sparks if that happened . hope this helps !!! Was this a 12 or 24 volt sys. ? IF you cant find the prob. hook it back the way it was and see what happen's

Last edited:

padura

24 volt system. I am pretty sure there are no wires crossed as I didn't see any sparks. I didn't get a chance to mess with it today but will dig in in the morning again. I am sure it is probably something simple but it is kicking my arse.

msharp

Yessir, it think so myself, I'm thinking a wire fell down and got left off . Let us know what you find !!!

padura

Thank you Coota. And to give you an update, we didn't catch anything today. Not a one. It was terrible. Just about anything that could go wrong did. They went in on the north end with barges and there are gigantic mud flats where we used to fish. Tank pond could not fit another boat. Lake is at least 3 ft low and muddy as hell. Shoulda stayed home and drank today. Anyway, thank all of you for all of your help and advice. Any of you can tell me when the weather is gonna get straight so I can catch some fish for my tourny coming up????

Darrell