eb2003

Darth VMAX

Yep...with enough set-up and HP.

I believe YellowAllison busted 100 by a decent margin with a 280.

Consensus is the XB2003 with the downforce the console puts on it is a 106/107 mph boat if'n you got enough HP to push it.

Darth VMAX

Best I have heard with a 225x is 97 mph. But I'm not sure if that was a stripped/emptied boat either.

andre

Thanks guys , i knew the XB2002 ran triple digets but thought the 2003 may have been to heavy , are those boats over 1000 lbs ?

Myron

they are probably a little over 1000, I think the early ones were a bit lighter, as far as speed with a 280 a good gearcase and setup with a good driver 106 -107 is possible, I have ran mine 106.4 if I remember correct years ago, I also ran 100.3 with a 225 pro max with tight heads and box with no rev limiter, the rest of the motor was stock. I do not care to run top end anymore, I have never had any problems but have seen to many things happen, and I am getting to old. Good luck and be safe.

white03

had mine to 106 with the 280, but the nose kept inching higher and higher. there may have been more there, but I was afraid the prop would lose grip and blow out then it does a bat turn at 100+. Not healthy! So I chickened out from pushing it further and very slowly let off. All I wanted to see was tripple digits once to say been there done that!

By the way I took 90% of the lip off before I made that run, don't think you can get that fast with the factory lip still there.

Last edited:

SLOmofo

Been over 100 twice. The first time a few years ago the boat was locked in, I'm sure it had a long way to go before it topped out. I punched it for a split second at probably low to mid 90's and then backed out. 100.5
Second time, early this year, I was having a proposing problem and hooked it at 100.9. I'm very lucky to be typing this and not in an urn on the fire place mantle.
From what I've gathered, this hull, no really the top cap isn't good above 105....107 because of the console being over to the starboard side. Wind isn't equally distributed across the top of the boat. More pressure on that side pushes the boat down and round ya go.

chad202

Yep, I've been 106.7 about 5 times. Sometimes when conditions were perfect and it got there faster, it still stopped at that speed.

Myron

mine has the lip stock, the real key is setup

2Fast2Pass

Only time the boat did anything unpredictable was 103+ where it drops the bow and leans over slightly. Chased mph long before hand held gps's were out and can only say I have seen 103 on gps but have no doubt been a little faster. Had the boat 18 yrs and counting and only accident/blowout was my fault!! No bottom work and other than the skeg a stock lower unit. IMO the most dangerous time is when you quit accelerating and the boat wants to lay down.

chad202

I know ya'll tired of me saying this but that's not the case without the lip. You still have to be cautious but no where near as much.

SLOmofo

I know ya'll tired of me saying this but that's not the case without the lip. You still have to be cautious but no where near as much.
Maybe, maybe not. There is no lip on my XB2003. I still have gone around. Most of the times it's me doing something stupid like backing off the throttle to fast. The first time I went over 100 there was no lip. Still the lip is there for a reason, to carry weight, efficiency. I don't have hardly anything in the boat, I use it to pick on car motor boats.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Best I had mine was 100 and change with stock 280. However my hull always seemed heavier layup or overall weight than any other one I've driven. Then again it could have been the 1600 watt sound system with dual Rockford amps and 9 speakers including subwoofer under bow.

I agree with the console being a limiting factor.