Dropping performance - seek advice! Please.

sonataquasi

Looking for advice.

I have a new BasSport XB21 with a 250XS 1:62; the boat has been up 92.4 MPH. I bought the boat in January.

I was running comfortably in the mid to high 80's. I have had a lot of issues, electrical, charger, batteries, and just this weekend my livewell timer stopped working. I also have experienced some alarming performance slumps, mainly lack of RPM's, and these are most concerning.

This weekend with a full load including my tournament partner I could only hit 76 MPH. I pushed it until I caught the back end starting to slide out on me. I tried all different engine heights and all different trim settings. Max RPM's = 5800.

Sunday I went out by myself and managed a respectable 82 but it sure took a while to get there. Again, I tried all different combinations with the lift and trim. This is the same prop that once hit 92.4. Max RPM's - 5800. Also of note the batteries did not receive a full charge overnight.

My cranking battery dies if I leave the live well running. This has been happening every time I consistently use the live well. If I get to a spot and fish it all day the cranking battery will be dead by 11:30 or noon. I paid to have a switch installed that let's me start the engine with my trolling batteries; I had to use it 5 times on Saturday.

Can electrical issues impact my overall RPMs? Does anyone think that my cranking battery issue could impact my overall RPM's? If so, how do I determine that?

I am up for all recommendations and advice.

I also would appreciate a referral to a quality Atlanta based Mercury Outboard shop.

Thanks!

justin 678-234-4683

jimmyb

1) get your motor checked out by a merc dealer

2) buy a new starting battery... sounds like yours is shot. The battery should not be causing your poor performance though (unless your alternator is shot)

Rocket

jimmyb said:
1) get your motor checked out by a merc dealer

2) buy a new starting battery... sounds like yours is shot. The battery should not be causing your poor performance though (unless your alternator is shot)
I concure! :D

It sounds like electrical to me! But could be one of many things!! Battery, Voltage regualtor (It takes over 12 volts to run your ECU! :shock: ), Alternator, Stator, Trigger, coils, plugs, Who knows????

IMHO>>>>Take it to a PRO! 8)

alli ss

well I'd just sell that POS and I know a dude that wants one like it :lol:
j/k man :lol: check yo pm's- I left you a # to call :wink:

brotherxb03

You either have a bad battery or charging problems. And I'd say it will decrease performance on any motor but a old carb 2.5 like I run.