drop in tackle storage

A

AllisonNewb97

I asked about putting drop in tackle storages in an xb2002 a while back. Talked to u guyz and bill at allison. I put two in my boat and they work petty good. Didn't loose any deck strength and it sure is nice having the extra storage space in my boat. Just thought I'd let y'all know how it turned out....if any of u out there are still considering doing this.

Keep it in da corner!

A

AllisonNewb97

Pix sent. Let me know if you don't get them and Ill try again.

jimmyb

here is what allisonnewby said:
"I did cut through the braces under the deck as u can see, but the deck does not flex at all even with two people fishing on the front deck. I did not cut through the brace under the seat pole. The cutout for the liner starts on the edge of the seat pole support. The lids hang over the cutout edge by 2" so it looks like they are closer than the cutout actually is. The extra weight in the front changed the performance of the boat. I use more trim than I did before without the ill effects of poor boat handling. I bought these online at 'Fish On Products' (www.fish-on.com). These are 13"x17" dog down hatches and liners. The liners are 12" deep. The actual inside measurements of the liners are 9"x13". Kind of dissapointed me because the majority of my tackle trays are 10"x14". Was not aware that the size of the liner was that much smaller than the actual named size. The lids are very sturdy and are supposed to handle being stood on so...only time will tell but so far so good. Hope this helps out and if y'all have anymore questions I'd be glad to help if I can."

here are the pics:

[/i]