Driving tips

Mc556

I think I can chalk up yesterday to being a no-win. 3ft rollers non stop and no pattern. Endless pontoons overloaded surf/wake boats. The fact I saw zero bass boats out was my first red flag.

When able I was taught to try to ride the top if possible. That was a lost cause so I went slow trimmed down. Didn’t matter just constant beating.
I have two trips experience in this SS2000 so I’m all ears for advice. Lake Hartwell SC/GA was where we were at for any of you that know that lake.

There was almost no wind at all this was 100% overcrowded, rental boat , drink , surfer ass hole teen misery.
My wife hates the boat as of right now. First trip was pretty good so I need to rally with a good experience.

reward69

I avoid hartwell And Keowee like COVID 19 this time of year. From early may till September these lakes get hammered. With the pandemic I think it’s worse than normal. Either early morning or late evening is the only time on these lakes you won’t need back surgery afterwords.

stuart gary

I know it would be a long trip however worth it. Head to south Louisiana, you can ride almost anywhere.. spillway has little or no boats this time of year. belle River had plenty boats this weekend since they lifted the no wake zones. plenty lakes around the pierre part, belle river and morgan city areas

Mc556

I know it would be a long trip however worth it. Head to south Louisiana, you can ride almost anywhere.. spillway has little or no boats this time of year. belle River had plenty boats this weekend since they lifted the no wake zones. plenty lakes around the pierre part, belle river and morgan city areas
That is definitely a long trip.
I am hoping for some stuff near Charleston SC or heading near TN etc
Sunday is the only day I can really truly take off.
So travel Sat after 3pm boat Sunday. I can start late on a Monday but getting more than 3-4 is a bit much unfortunately

Rick Propst

mc556 i have some friends in Atlanta that run Lanier and Hartwell but they do it first thing in the mornings and they are off the lakes by 10 they have STV's and Triads, no Allys that would be your best bet,, There is a big get together happening in Aug at Clarkshill lake its called the King of the Hill Rally it will be lots of boats

Jr in Jax

You would love north/central Florida, the Saint Marys, [40 miles] Suwannee [90 miles to Gulf] and the Saint Johns from Palatka to Silver Glenn Springs [48 miles one way].
When it gets really rough, I drop to about 19 MPM and max down trim [I have the Allison plate to keep me on plane].

Mc556

You would love north/central Florida, the Saint Marys, [40 miles] Suwannee [90 miles to Gulf] and the Saint Johns from Palatka to Silver Glenn Springs [48 miles one way].
When it gets really rough, I drop to about 19 MPM and max down trim [I have the Allison plate to keep me on plane].
I’m from StCloud Fl and grew up boating there. So much water everywhere I’ve even got to boat on lake X. I love where we live now but the lack of water sucks. My wife and I only have Sundays off together so that’s really the big issue.