DRAGS PAST WEEKEND

FLYING BUTCHER

Wanted to run the powerhead that has been apart 7 times with less than 40 hrs on it. Local mechanic and I rebuilt this past winter. It is .20 seconds faster than my 280 but still not fast enough to run 11 second class. Won all the races at time trials Saturday. Ran one guy twice and beat him both times by .20 seconds. First race Sunday I cut a good light at .6 was so far ahead of other boat shut it down 3/4 track. Next race I was up against same guy I ran twice Saturday. If I were smart (I"m not) I should have remembered I had at least .20 seconds to leave on the starting light and still beat him. Like I said if I were smart--tried to cut to close of starting light and red lite!! Beat myself!!! Tough saying good by to some of the other guys. They have really been nice to my wife and myself and let us come play in their sandbox. Putting the stock 280 on tonight and going fishin. Later

badbait

Bill, what's the rev limiter on your 280?
Have we been seeing this place your moving to in the news? Make sure you buy some flood insurance.

FLYING BUTCHER

The 280 powerhead I am using to drag with has 260 electronics on it running an a-6 box. No rev limiter and in 1/4 Randy has her set up to run his drag prop at 8700 rpm and that is right at 100 mph. I am moving to Denton which is just north of Dallas No flooding problems there. I am thinking about going to Clear Lake thrid week in October to use up last few days of vacation and do some fishin. I think John might be coming also. If you and Lou can come over it would be good to hook up. Be sure to bring your toy fishin pole!!

badbait

Bill, I will try to be there and stay over at least one night. I wrote Lou and He said he will be out of town the 15th through the 20th. My worms died so I may need to borrow some from you. I'm thinking of going to those plastic worms I've heard so much about.