drag 4 on an xb03

hirk

Ran a 26 tweaked to 27 with tip cup on my xb03 with a 200 merc. Prop drove very nice, only saw 80.4 @ 6850ish solo but was heavy on the port side. It was different then any other Ive ran in that it didnt respond to trim at all until I hit 55-60 and then it lifted like a monster, had to watch I didnt over trim it when running slower or it would get too high when it lifted. Zero wheel torque, killer holeshot and excelloration and very nice handling. Bought this because I fish tournies and run heavy a lot, its a keeper.

GotMyAlly

I had a few of their props years ago, and I think 2 of the 3 ran just as you described. Ran very flat and wet until you built up speed, then the hull picked up and carried great in the upper end of the spectrum. Only negative to that is in rough water when you have to slow down and still need to carry the bow high to keep from spearing rollers.

hirk

Ya I agree, Im adding 4" setback spacers so that may give it some slow speed bow lift.

Mav73

What is a good prop for slow speed bow lift. I have a 26 drag 4 and it acts just like the one in the first post. I want a prop with more bow lift

hirk

My hoss hpd has great lift, I was running it in my profile pic., big ear choppers lift good as well