Do I need another prop?

Lotus 50

I bought a 200XS last year, and have only run one prop (28 T4X) so far on my SS2000. There are 4 more props on my wall to be tried:, 26 Trophy, worked 28 Trophy, 28 Triton, 29 QIV O/T. I won't have calm water enough to string them all out in one season.

But since my water is often choppy, I'm wondering if a lower pitch prop would be fun. Would a 26 3 blade be enough different from what I have to bother or should I drop to 24?

I guess if I had any sense I'd run what I have before buying more, but where's the fun in that?

ROBERT CROSS

Hydromotive
14 3/4" X 28 R QIV OT...Top end, haven't really been light enough to wind it out yet. Great MPG though.
14 3/4” X 26 R QIV OT...Cruizer ,decent hole shot, 6-8 mpg. This one is on most of the time.
14 1/2” X 25R QIV X OT Round Ear....the OHshit wheel.
Only 2 up but we usually take a lot of gear, all USCG safety equipment, we are on the GWN border waters, usually inspected at least once a Season...Not sure if they really think I'm bringing in any illegal 'Frostbacks'...I think they just 'wanna see the boat.

Bob

ROBERT CROSS

The 25 round ear spins up a lot quicker 'cuz of the diameter and pitch...big difference in hole shot.

The 26 has a bit longer roll-over but better top end and is the best all-around cruiser.

The 28 takes it's sweet time, but is not a bad cruiser if we're light enough, seen 88 with 2 up, leaving some of our "stuff" behind.

Lotus 50

Just bought a 24" drag 4. The trouble with winter is I think about boating but can't actually boat. Which leads to buying stuff.

xb03fs

There is an app that tracks acceleration on iPhone. Your but does not feel acceleration.

You can feel holeshot and see top end on gps but acceleration is not felt

Props that feel quick sometimes arnt and some that feel slow can be quick. Using the app my eyes were opened.....