Discussion on Factory Day/River Run to Knoxville

Freebird

so the river run day, if any, is?
Ya gotta pay attention. Factory Day/River Run is Thursday. I've been a little out of pocket on a 7 day boat trip, but it sure looks like slim pickings for this trip in terms of participation. I'm good with going regardless of how many show up, but I need a head count to make a reservation with Calhoun's so we can all sit together. I'll just WAG it with what we have now if nobody else speaks up.

Freebird

Okay folks, based on replies to this thread, I'm counting 8 boats. I'll call Calhoun's tomorrow and make reservations for 20 people, but I'm guessing adding a few by Wednesday will be no problem. If I don't hear from anybody, I'll just assume you know the way to Allison, and we'll leave out of there at the same time. I'll be leaving from Kingston around 8 if anybody wants to follow me up. The Exxon at the Kingston exit for 40 would be a good meeting up spot, and they have 100% 92 octane on tap if you need it. Only two pumps though.

I'll make the reservation for 1PM which should give us plenty of time to visit with the Allison's, launch the boats, and arrive at Calhoun's. That will put us in after the lunch rush as well, so adding more folks won't be an issue. If any of the above is an issue, speak up.

THutch

Thanks Freebird. We will see you at the factory. And thanks for the tidbit about the Exxon. I will definitely need to hit it on my way back.

Freebird

Given the current radar picture and forecast, I'm thinking this is gonna be an exercise in futility. I'll keep an eye on this thread if anybody has any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Nancy was talking about an option for a local restaurant in Louisville per Skewby yesterday, but we'll see. Stay tuned or just head to the factory and see what happens.

THutch

Thanks Freebird. We are leaving. Chattanooga now. Headed to factory. If no one else is headed that way, let us know and we will divert toward Watts Bar. I’ll check the forum periodically while in route.