Did the unthinkable

SmallJaw

Last week I sold my BassPort to my nephew. I just bought a lake house and that is a dream for me, but the work it will take to get the house, boat ramp, and boat dock in top shape is gonna cost a lot of time as well as money. I'll be sporting an aluminum rig till fall or winter then I'll be on the hunt for another BassPort if all goes to plan. At least my old boat is still in the family and will be babied like it has since it was brand new. Anything other than an Allison just won't make me happy anymore.

whipper

Congratulations on the awesome investment! Nothing better than a lake front house. We had an ocean front house for over 40 years. Sold it just last year. Im going to be looking for another one to retire at soon. Man you are going to miss the ally real bad this summer. But you got the bug so im sure the plan will work out.:beer:

Jon

Supporting Member
When I built my house on the lake, I had to sell my boat as well because my wife decided I needed to finish the house. Jeez. You'll get another like you said, and it will be worth the sacrifice. Let us know how the projects turn out!

SmallJaw

It is a little bit comforting to know that I'm not plowing any new ground here. Many have had to part ways with a prize possession to make a financial move such as a lake house or beach house. I indeed will be in another BassPort as soon as I can. My lake house is on Wheeler. I would prefer Pickwick but my wife's job in Decatur, AL means we need to be relatively close to her office. The house is 20 minutes away which is not bad. Pickwick would be at least an hour to an hour and a half depending on the place you bought. I'll post some pic's of the lake house soon. It will be a really kool little place. I ordered the red cedar half logs out of Kansas today as well as the T&G pine for the interior. Cabinets going in this weekend, new windows are all in, etc. etc. Busy place right now.