DI transducer in the tray?

Dondante

I purchased a Helix 7 with DI(no side image) would it work in the transducer tray(xb2003)?
I need it to work while on a plan at lower cruising speeds(I run and fish in shallow water areas) So the backplate option is off the table.

Thanks

Allyfishing

In the tray it will loose bottom signal at around 55 MPH + or -. You can try it temporarily by making sure the ducer tray is clean, lay the ducer in the tray and place some thing on top of it to hold it down then fill the tray with water and go run it.

JWolff

No water needed if you got a good epoxy seal. But for testing like craig is talking, yes water is needed so all the area under the ducer is filled in.

THutch

I just had a Helix 7 DI mounted. I was told you need to use 2 ducers if you don't want to mount on transom. So I have a regular ducer in the tray for on-plane running depth. Then, the DI ducer on jack plate for off plane use with DI image. HBird has a Y connector just for this. I have not gone to the lake yet so outcome is yet to be determined.

GrandLakeGAR

I put the transducer for a HB 788 DI in the pan a couple of years ago. Seems to work OK, but I don't know if the signal is as good shooting through the hull.

Dondante

I hope can get the old puck out if the tray. The top popped off the old one when I tried to pull it out. o_O

GrandLakeGAR

My 2000 XB2003 came new from Allison with the flasher puck stuck in the middle of the pan with a big glob of silicon sealer, not the epoxy I was expecting. Took several hours to clean that mess up and make room for two pucks.

Dondante

Here's where I mounted mine. This one will eventually be moved to the bow when I purchase a Helix 5. It works well in this position. Just need to finish the transducer install.

Attachments