Daughters in DC, shuttle pics this morn!

RedAllison

My daughter Ally and wife Michelle are in DC this week (continuing on to NYC tonight) for her schools annual 8th grade DC/NYC trip. WHATTA morning to be in our nations capitol. Ally just took and sent me these pics of the Discovery shuttle on it's flyby while they were on the Capitol building grounds. Neat moment in history for 100 something kids from Jackson, TN to witness!

One of the few, great times in DC anymore it seems!
RA

MAN I LOVE THIS ONE!!! Might blow it up and frame for the house.

Last edited:

RedAllison

Thats neat, cost alot, but still neat. Whats the rectangle behind the tail in the pic with the flag ?
The huge tail on the modified 747, rectangular "winglets" to compensate for the 200k pound shuttle and change in center of gravity.

I used to be space geek when I was young, I can remember when I was 10years old setting my clock at 2am, 4am whenever to watch shuttle takeoffs and landings. I remember many years ago they used to ALWAYS land in CA and then fly it back to FL on that 747. Only during the last few years of the program did they start landing in FL weather permitting. Wonder where that plane will endup?

resqu-u

What a cool experience! DC is a great place for a field trip with so much to do and see. On the other hand I hate NYC. It's the only place to ever make me nervous around people. The close up shot looks to be a good one to frame!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
RA you been holding out on us. Who'da thunk you were a Rocket City Redneck?

RedAllison

RA you been holding out on us. Who'da thunk you were a Rocket City Redneck?
LLDOGGG I iz da "west TN man of mystery" I'm WELL rounded. (especially inda midsection! :embarassed )

ANYTHING with 1.5MILLION horsepower that does 17k mph has GOTTA be fun!!! :beer:
RA