Cut off today

Jon

Supporting Member
Had a dude not observe rules of the river today and cut me off when I was running about 75. I had to chop the throttle and make a sharp turn to avoid him. He cut in front of me at the last minute, and he was running about 50. Whats worse is when I turned around a while later I was hugging the side of channel and he went out of his way to try to split between me and the buoys. Dude shouldn't have been driving a boat. And it was a bullet :)

I know this probably happens all the time, but pay attention.

des mule

You should have stopped him and made him help you clean up that brown stain in the seat

Jon

Supporting Member
Ha! What worried me more was chopping the throttle because I thought I was going a little faster than I was. I think will all the bow lift on the GS I would have cut that bullet in half :)

Jon

Supporting Member
No, it was not. I think I know who the guy was though. I've been trying to remember his name - met him a few years ago through a friend. It wasn't red and white though... was that you!?!?! :)

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was out Thursday night and all the tournament guys were all over. As one guy passed us another was coming head on and couldn't figure out which way to go. Don't think he ever let off the throttle tho.o_O

rmills280

No, it was not. I think I know who the guy was though. I've been trying to remember his name - met him a few years ago through a friend. It wasn't red and white though... was that you!?!?! :)
no Bullets here not of the floating kind anyway, had one pull up beside me once so close i bout s$it was in my ss and said seeya a$$hole

whipper

Should have turned her side ways right beside him and sprayed him down. like a hockey stop but not to good for the mid section. i busted mine doing that all the time they throw a wall of water 30ft high but stop on a dime 50 or less 75 might have barrel rolled. Never knew it was hard on it until my little girl said whats that big crack on your midsection! I said its a roll im working on it. She no on your motor Ohhh thats what i thought ya meant.:rolleyes: oooops.

Theres alot of people that shouldn't be driving a boat out there as the weather heats up it only gets worse unfortunately.. Drive defensive. i just figure everyone else is a moron and keep clear.

Jon

Supporting Member
And another bullet cut me off a couple of weeks ago... again. I'm starting to think the couple I have ran across are just jerks or idiots. I had my kids and wife with me this time, running about 55. I was heading down river on the right side of the cove, bullet was running upstream to my port side, and he was clearly to the other side of the channel. When we closed to about 200 yards, he decided to start cutting directly across the channel, right in front of me. I had to chop the throttle, and missed him by about 100'. This was in a very wide section of the channel too.

I understand that maybe bullet guys don't like Allison's, if that is even the case here, but don't be an idiot - and do not endanger my family. I always worry about pulling up to yell at someone around here as they may have been drinking/etc, have already demonstrated they're a moron, and again I'm not going to endanger my family further.

I think the coast guard rules are similar to TVA in narrow waterways. Pass port to port. Vessel to the right has the right of way unless it isn't powered or has draft limitations.

http://www.tva.com/river/navigation/rules_road.htm

whipper

Yes those rules are International. 90% of boaters never abide buy them though. I always run into the same problem up hear. These are the same people that drive slow in the fast lane or drive side buy side on a 4 way highway so no one passes them. Chip on shoulders or just ignorant is all it is. Your right about making a fuss about it. Not worth the aggravation!! Thats the nice thing about having one of the fastest boats. You can leave them behind and enjoy the water before they get there. If ya have Bubba as backup with ya then the aggravation might be worth it but alone or with your family maybe not so much.;)

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
The picture in my avatar is the result of exactly this sort of incident.