Ct river smallies today in the A-boat

Speedman

This was my wifes weekend to work but she went it for 11 so that gave me a few hours to head out on the river with my brother Dave. Got up at dark thirty and picked him up at his house down the road. I still haven't had time to figure out why the lights go OFF when I step on the break( usually a bad ground) but I wanted to go fishin! As we are coming to the center of town, I see a cop with someone pulled over at 5 am and I got bad working lights so a quick right turn down a side street and we are now going the back roads instead of the main to avoid that ticket

Of course at 5 am, all the convenient stores are closed but that's o.k., we only 4 hours anyways. We got the boat in the water in the 2' of mud on the ramp and the 4wd just put her in, no problem. First spot we go to, Dave gets a smallie about 1.5 lbs and then loses another

Next spot we hit, I pitch my secret spinnerbait along a tree and nail one about 2 lbs and then about 50 ft below I pull it by a log and just like on Jimmy Houstan, I see this HAWG come up and nail it in the 48 degree water! Turns out to be be a 4-12 smallie. Then I get another about 3 on the next cast.

A few more different types of spots and no luck and then back to the flooded woods and Dave loses 2 more, then I get 3 in a row again, all in the 2-3 lb range. Threw a few in the well for pictures later. I Then had a nice one break me off in a tree that was about 3 lbs and then spent the next 10 minutes, jumping up in front of us, sometimes so close, I could have almost netted it and got my bait back. Got a tourney there next weekend, so I can't give out too much info, but let's just say I am ready!

We didn't want to leave as I have a ton more spots to check and everyone so far had something going on so that's good but I had to be on the road at 10. I didn't have any time left to take good pictures, but here's a few

A little 2 lber
one about 3

another about 3.25

and the HAWG of the day it was bouncing between 4-9 and 4-12

Here's another bad shot of the same fish

I also threw back a few others, just did these on the trailer as we had to rush to get home. Not a bad 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit/Delete Message