cover for trolling motor pedal tray

GotMyAlly

Anybody installed the flat plate from Allison to cover the recessed foot pedal tray? Got one on the way from Allison, but in the meantime I'd like to see a pic or two of one installed.

Allyfishing

Johnathon Bowling from the watts bar area put one on his Pro last year to mount his Ulterra pedal on it but I don't think he's on here. I'll ask Skewby if he can take a pic of it.

Allyfishing

It's a big plate that covers over the entire tray and overlaps the carpet as well. I bought one but never used it.

scj

You have the footwell that's used on the SUB model. The tournament model, that the plate is designed for looks much better and like it belongs on the boat.
I think I would take a page from Craig's book and either modify the plate you have or make one that will allow it to recess the pedal a little.

GotMyAlly

Apparently the tournament model recess is a little wider. The pedal will only go about 1/2" down into the recess before it wedges tight against the sides.

Allyfishing

Steve, unfortunately Neals well is way different than mine. He will not be able to sink it at all because his is smaller like he stated. Covering it with what he's got or maybe finding a piece of sheet metal identical to what that plate is made of will be his only option.

Allyfishing

Ulterra foot pedal is a lot bigger than the Ultrex pedal. Ultrex pedal is slightly bigger than the Fortrex.

It's unfortunate that the builders of all the accessories that we install on our rigs as aftermarket equipment such as electronics and TM's don't take into consideration that a bass boat is only so big and will soon look like a freakn mission to mars satellite with all the crap we are trying to install on it. I've seen pipcs on BBC of electroncs mounts and other hardware attached to TM shafts and lower units and I have to laugh. Then I look at my TM lower unit with a big spotlight ducer and a hydrowave speaker and I get embarrassed.