Counter Weight

xb03

I use a 16lb and a 8lb maul sledge hammer head, because it's what I had laying around. Most people use lead shot bags.

podslammed

The bags of lead shot are actually what I was wondering about.. Do you have to make them yourself? Or can you buy them and where? Thanks guy's

whipper

i use lead shot in bags duct taped up like gotmyali. I use a 12 lb dumbell some times or move my anchore around other times. Im going out right now and put the anchor in just in case I need to move it around I had a big breakfast.
The one bag of lead shot is way up in the gunnels and there for good. The rest can vary. If i feel like running with my seat to one side I need less counter. if i want to run with the wheel right in front of me i need about 30 lbs more.

thegoop

i have two troller batteries on port and the starter on starboard on my xb03. should i move the starter to the port side and also add weight?

allison8503

Iv went to the local tire shop and got abunch of there used wheel weights. I would knock the metal tabs off stick them in a ziplock bag and duct tape them. Lead shot works great but when you have to start adding a couple hundred pounds to make weight for a given class of racing it can get exspensive with shot.

Jay Martin

When I first got my XB03 I had the same battery configuration as you, It was way to much weight on he port, made it real fun to drive especially being new to Allisons. Most people I talked to said put one battery in the bilge area and leave the other two in the port wing. I eliminated the 3rd battery and only run two now,I have them setup to run my 24v troller and crank.

hack02

I do the tire weight thing. However, I wrap the weights in foam then duct tape. One thing to remember is if you spin out violent enough what ever your using has a good chance of going thru the side of your hull if not bolted down. I have even heard of batteries not secured very well being thrown thru the side of the boat.

fenwayfear

Here is what I have currently. Two trollers, one on each side all the way back. Oiler tank on port side wing. Starter battery in bilge favoring the port side. 15lb anchor on port side. Tool bag on port side. Bike seat and pedestal up front. Extra prop up front. 15lb Tackle bag behind driver seat.

Open to any ideas on my set up.