Cooler/ice chest option for XB2003?

Dondante

I've seen a few random listings that listed a cooler on a xb2003. Can't find any pics or info this was offered. Any ideas? Price? Details where it goes.

scj

My '08 2003 had the factory installed cooler which was nothing more than a fitted tray a Coleman cooler set in.

Mine was located in the port side rear compartment in between the two battery trays.
I moved it to the starboard side to help balance the boat.

Last edited:

motobuffy

Not sure about this, but I will pass on what I was told by the previous owner of my 20023t. He said the boat came with a "factory" cooler. It is nothing more than a Coleman cooler that fits in a shallow tray mounted in the rear portside compartment. The cooler itself has model #s 5281, 5282, & 5283 molded in the bottom. I assume the different #s would refer to different colors. I would expect the tray would have been an Allison part, but that is speculation on my part. Will be happy to supply some pics if you wish.

GotMyAlly

The tray is an Allison part. Even the first few 21 prosports had the same tray in the rear port side compartment. When I ordered my 2nd 21 prosport, Nancy told me that the tray had been discontinued.

I've still got the cooler out of my first XB21.....wish I had unscrewed the tray.

But I bet your XB03 has the tray already in it. Every one I've ever seen has had it.

Dondante

OK.. I don't pick my 03 up until after new years.

I would love a few pics if possible, motto.

GotMyAlly

I've got a yeti; my dad and brother both have polar bears. So I've got some experience with both. The yeti definitely keeps ice longer. It'll go two days on the water in 100 degree temps on a single bag of ice. The polar bear is going to need a fresh bag of ice each morning, but it'll stay cold all day whereas with cheaper soft side coolers you'll be left with cool water only by late afternoon. Neither leak. ....but the polar bear is more prone to pin holes from sharp bottle caps, etc. But the great thing is....they stand behind their product. My brothers has been replaced once and they never even asked for the damaged one to be returned. I've heard of them doing this for other customers too. The yeti is so dang tough I don't think you could tear it. The only downside to the yeti.....it's so stiff that the mouth doesn't open wide very easily. My wife complains about that every time she digs around in there for something. In that one situation, the polar bear may be more user friendly.

Dondante

I think I'm sold on the polar. Too good of reviews to be scared of it. Thanks for your review.

motobuffy

Here's a pic of the installed tray. My personal opinion is the "factory cooler" is bigger than needed for two fishermen's daily needs. I don't expect to use it often.

Attachments

Jr in Jax

The tray and cooler are no longer available. I needed a replacement for my tray since it has been broken several times from the beating I give it and has patches all over it. The cooler is still in good shape. I love the cooler/tray to keep soft drinks in.

Brack

These are from a XB2002,......Ice chest and tray,.......and 2 storage trays

you may need to talk to Bill@ Allison to see if they would fit in a 2003DSCF3002.JPG