Converting XB2002 to Seastar Pro

22R

Any good tutorials on this out there in Ally world ? I plan to swap over the winter. Just researching now.

Thanks,
22R

22R

Thanks so much for the pics. Do you know if there is anyway to adjust the angle the wheel sits with a wedge ? Like more level than upward or is that wishing to much. Did you buy your set up from Allison ?
Thanks,
22R

Jr in Jax

I saved a couple of hundred by buying from Sea Research ? in San Diego. They also have tilt helms. My tournament Pro series works great.

SLOmofo

Good idea putting the yellow tape on both ends of one of the hoses. When Sea Star first came out I bought it and put in on my Champion. When I got to the lake I found turning left boat turned right and vice-versa. LOL

22R

Has anyone here bought a Seastar kit from Allison lately ? What Cylinder did you get if so ?
And how do you remove the cables on the ride guide at the steering racks if anyone knows ?

Thanks

22R

G Allen

When the former owner of my boat installed Seastar, he did it with a buddy while drinking beers. You guessed it...turned wheel left, boat went right...

22R

I just bought from Allison and was pleasantly surprised that they sent the 6845S Tournament ram. It is a nice looking heavy duty piece. It was expensive but included the pro trim, oil, plugs, steering wheel etc. Will be cutting zip ties this am

22R

SLOmofo

Years....I mean Years ago... When Sea Star first came out I bought the system. I sent it back very soon after installing on the Champion. When running up the lake I would make small corrections to the left which really didn't amount to much at the time. Trouble was when I turned a little more to the right it turned suddenly the sum total of all the left corrections.
I got a call from someone at Sea Star 6 months to a year later. Wanted to know in a round about way if I was going to sue them(my words) ? "No" Would you like to try it again. "Sure". Had it on 2 Champions and the Allison.

When I bought my XB2003, without power, it had Hyd steering. It also had the cables/racks still in the boat. The cables and a lot of wiring were removed from the boat...... The cables were tie wrapped to boat/wiring-stuff...... The cable racks just bolt/unbolt from the the helm. The cables might pull out without removing the engine maybe not.

22R

Appreciate all the info Guys. Lucky for me I guess whoever rigged my boat way back made new cable holes further up to avoid the tight bend and I think that is probably why my cables are still good. I got the helm and cables out this am. I need to get the cable tube and it’s bracket off the motor then I will be ready to start going back with the new stuff but I think I will try to organize some wiring too so that may delay me some but I am in no rush other than wanting to see how it all turns out.

22R

bassracr

Has anyone here bought a Seastar kit from Allison lately ? What Cylinder did you get if so ?
And how do you remove the cables on the ride guide at the steering racks if anyone knows ?

Thanks

22R
Here was the instructions I had on a post on lubing cables.. I had pictures that would have helped but tinypic. Took them down....
my rack closest to the dash required me to loosen the steering column bolts through the dash to give me the needed clearance to remove the rack . once the rack is dropped down I moved the cable end out to the end to separate the cable from the rack. you can remove the two bolts on the end of the rack holding the retainer. remove the cotter pin from the end of the cable and the plastic retainer leaving two nuts to remove. put a screwdriver in the end of the cable to keep it from turning while you remove these two nuts that will separate the inner cable from the rack.
P.s. I would be interested if you want to sell your cables
Thanks