Coming Home

Dave Hensley

Tired of the FB drama, fact checkers and political bias. I will give up some convenience to get back. I asked Jon if we needed a new topic where we can post local get togethers, events, meet ups. Etc. Thoughts on a new topic or pick a current topic to post that type info?

Lotus 50

I don’t like that Facebook spies on me. I bought a piece of weight lifting equipment on Friday and now my Facebook is full of exercise adds

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t like that Facebook spies on me. I bought a piece of weight lifting equipment on Friday and now my Facebook is full of exercise adds
Your phone and smart tv spy on you too. My wife and I were talking about getting a little bed for when the grandkids come over. I was only a couple hours and adds for kids beds were popping up on both of our accounts.

Allyfishing

I finally talked my wife to bail on FB. Big Tech and the like consumes way too much energy so as it is.

I started a post on the National Rally 2019 to have it changed by admin whoever that is

DOUBLE J

And on another note rumor is that Mercury is working on a 15” 300r which is suppose to be 350 hp.

DOUBLE J

Now this is strickly rumor. I read on S&F on a topic that Merc. is working on the V8 300 with a 15" mid. I also talking with my local Merc tech.'s that there is also rumor of raising the horsepower of the 300r to around 350. Kinda like how the Verado's started as 250's and now are up to 400. The problem is Allison needs to up there game and start producing hulls that will accommodate the weight of these motors. I know they are running 300R's on the 21's but really they need to step up to boats in the 24'-30' range to accommodate where outboard motor designs are going to and where the consumer market demand is going to with larger hull sizes.

Allyfishing

I love to hear talk like this especially if a big company like Merc is looking to the future for bigger motors and bigger HP. So much for getting rid of fossil fuels and jumping on the electric vehicle bandwagon!!! That's a freakn joke!!

I recently had an opportunity to ride in/drive a Tesla. Wasit fun yes. Did it have awesome acceleration yes. Was it a techy's dream with its HUGE iPad looking screen wit mapping and everything you can find on your laptop.

BUT, the fella that owned it was later headed to north of Raleigh, NC later that day and we were in clemson, SC. So he has to set his destination in the computer and it told him where he had to drive first in Greenville to charge the car then map out his trip to areas with electric service for HIS vehicle. Yeah right!!!

He originally came up from florida and what should have been a hair under 10 hours took him well over 12 hours with points out of his way just to charge the dam car.

No Thanks!!

motobuffy

Agreed. I take trips to Austin and Maine every year pulling a large camper or boat. 14 hours to Maine and 24 to Austin (drive time). It takes 10 minutes to fill my diesel tank. How long and often it would take to recharge an electric 3/4 ton truck is unknown, but I would guess my total travel time would be at least 25% longer. Bought a new truck this year principally because this could become a big issue in the future. Hopefully it will last another dozen years.

BigRWater

What ever I search for, someone is advertising items in the category almost instantly, even when I check the weather...

GotMyAlly

Tired of the FB drama, fact checkers and political bias. I will give up some convenience to get back. I asked Jon if we needed a new topic where we can post local get togethers, events, meet ups. Etc. Thoughts on a new topic or pick a current topic to post that type info?

Same here. I ditched FB about a year ago. Too many occurrences of folks with conservative opinions getting doxxed, or activists rooting out their employers in vindication of those with differing opinions.

BigRWater

Same here. I ditched FB about a year ago. Too many occurrences of folks with conservative opinions getting doxxed, or activists rooting out their employers in vindication of those with differing opinions.
With some of the current sentiments, it will likely get worse...

BigRWater

FB is Big Brother. (important piece anyway). "War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery." "He that controls the past controls the future. He that controls the present controls the past". Hence today's doublespeak. Why are we tearing down Lincoln statues and renaming schools?

"Woe to those that call evil good, and good evil." Isaiah, 700 B.C.
Principals! Thank you!

BigRWater

A critical part of Orwell's 1984 is you're only allowed to think/speak one way. Necessitating--the "Thought Police." Sound anything like FB?

Digital Black Shirts (Mussolini) and Brown Shirts (Hitler)--and already non-digital. Welcome to the darker side of human nature, which never changes. We learn nothing.
Absolutely!

BigRWater

"Picture if you will..."--Rod Serling; a national health care system run by the cancel culture. Worthy of a Twilight Zone episode. Chilling.
Chilling? Absolutely!
How far will the cancel culture go? The cancel culture will not stop and the runways have just been cleared for smooth sailing. No turbulence is forecast...