Cleavers on a XB2002

A

Anonymous

Has anyone run a cleaver on a XB2002? If so any quirks or strange actions? I trade for a camel back cleaver and haven't gotten to run it yet.

J

John Richied

I never have but always wanted to… and that camel back cleaver looks kickin!

I think after you get the propshaft height dialed in for the Cleaver with a light load and no trolling motor it will be VERY FAST!

Mike2002

Cleaver

Jerry Ridnour said this was the type of prop he uses for top end (15X32).

J

John Richied

Let us know how it runs... I bet it is PURTY!

They sure look mean!

RB in NM

re:cleavers

If you have not run one on an Allison, you are missing a sweet running wheel. Totally different in feel, less torque than a round ear wheel, and I was able to run the cleaver high enough to loose water pressure with out hint of blowout. They feel like pivot point back there versus a normal feeling with any other type of wheel, kinda hard to explain. I ran one light, never with a load.
RB

J

John Richied

HEY RUSS... Good to see ya made it here!

Hows the rocket running?

RB in NM

Hello John,

She's doing right fine! I still have yet to spin her up to her potential. I got a brand new motor and ain't had time git her all broke in still, that purely sucks.. If I can ever git to water to run that last tank out, It ought to be funner than all git out. Jay has done some fine work to this thing. I just ordered a new 22" Yamaha and got a Tillman 24"er Yamaha. Time to put them 22 cc heads on an let'r loose....You alright? RB

J

John Richied

Sounds like a bad machine to me FOR SURE!

If you make the Western Allison Rally this year I bet you have the fastest

A

Anonymous

JOHN She ran fine it was zero torque at 91mph. I couldn't feel anything! It was scary! So I traded it for a 32 ET. :lol:

GotMyAlly

Would the clever carry weight at all?

I've been wanting either a clever or an ET to run semi-light. I don't ever run stripped down, but a lot of times it's just me, the girlfriend, and a cooler of beer. Would the clever carry that load or is it better suited for solo top end runs?

GotMyAlly

I'd think I would need something a little steeper than a 28. The 28" Hydromotive OT4 that I run with a fishing load bumps the limiter with a full 2 man load in the boat.

spanky

one thing for certain about the cleaver. it is the best rough water prop you'll ever run. now, when i say rough i don't mean 3 foot swells. put it in a 1 foot chop and it feels like only a ripple in the water :wink:

USALLISON

I'm trying to decide between a 28 HOSS Triton and a 28 Cleaver. My main interest is top end......from reading the "BAT TURN" thread someone mentioned that a Cleaver is more apt to "BAT TURN" because of the added stern lift......what's the thoughts on this AND which would be the better top end prop.
I run light in an XB2002......if I have a partner for a tournament I switch to a 26 Laser 2.

GPI Racing

USALLISON,

If you are coming to the ally 50th you can try out the T3 version of the triton and a new prop he is unvailing there. While I have some great cleavers, I thing you'll crap when you run the new stuff.

Randy