Cleaning underside of hull

JWolff

On my xb21 the fenders come right up to the boat so I can not wipe down the portion of the hull inside the fenders. What do you guys use to get in there and get the entire hull wiped down after each use? Was thinking of something like a little mop or something similar.
John

GotMyAlly

I just save that spot for the car wash and use the long-handled foaming brush to get the unreachable spots.

JWolff

Do you hit the car wash after each use or is it more of a once a month type of thing?

JWolff

I bought a swiffer sweeper doo hicky. It has the little grab holes on top that I should be able to just push towel corners into and use the towel for the bottom rather than so hunched over and it will reach behind the fenders. Is also very compact for easy storage in the rear compartment. Will see how it works. Handle might not be stiff enough to do a good scrub.

Dave Hensley

When I work the entire bottom of the boat I take it off the trailer. However, if you have a cherry picker and an engine hoist ring it is very simple to unbuckle the back of the boat from the trailer, leave the front tied down and pick the back of the boat up 18" or so. Doesn't take any time and you can use a soft brush on an extending pole. My XTB 21 is the only boat I have that the fenders are a little close to the hull. Most of the 20' boats are narrow beam and have clearance. You guys with all the coin to own XB 21's just have special problems.....;)

whipper

When I work the entire bottom of the boat I take it off the trailer. However, if you have a cherry picker and an engine hoist ring it is very simple to unbuckle the back of the boat from the trailer, leave the front tied down and pick the back of the boat up 18" or so. Doesn't take any time and you can use a soft brush on an extending pole. My XTB 21 is the only boat I have that the fenders are a little close to the hull. Most of the 20' boats are narrow beam and have clearance. You guys with all the coin to own XB 21's just have special problems.....;)
Im going to have to try that this summer! Great idea! Ive been going under the hull with a mask on at the lake and scrubbing her down were i cant get to because of the bunks. haha