Check your injector hoses!!!

jcoats3

I've noticed alot of places have 87 in pure gas but only a few with 93. What would be bettter choice to do fill up w/ 87 and add octane booster or go with 93 with10% ethanol and add sea foam or star tron. Being most of use have to run the higher octane.

Bobalouie

Run the 93 with ethanol and mix in some Aces. That will take care of any issues related to the ethanol.

SLOmofo

"really don't understand the need for ethanol fuel. Seems to be a waste of good corn."

It takes more energy to produce ethanol then it makes. Costs more also, if there wasn't a government subsidy it wouldn't be made because it would cost more then normal gas.

Subsidy:money that is paid usually by a government to keep the price of a product or service low or to help a business or organization to continue to function

Look at the difference in the fuel mileage. Two reasons for it (not mine) your tax $$$ squandered and supposed lower emissions. How using more fuel to travel less distance is less polluting. It's the same as in 1975 when they came out with catalytic converters and EGR (exhaust gas recirculating) the cars and trucks had much less power and 15 to 25% lower fuel mileage.

suicidealli

I have seen the good efi hose and the injector hose turn a light tan color, and a white color on the inside. The cheap carb hose doesn't last. They make ethanol hose that last longer, but still eats it. One thing I have noticed is that the tygon hose for the bleeders to the mains etc, I haven't seen an issue with that hose.. It gets a little hard over time, but the inside looks good...
I run ethanol in my chainsaw, and weedeater with aces and it sits for a 6 months sometimes. Haven't had an issue yet.

Roy

Last edited:

Bobalouie

Same here Roy (using Aces everywhere with no issue), and I have had Aeroquip AQP hose on my boat fuel system for 3 years now and no issues running the Aces and ethanol fuel.

86voyager

I have that link saved in my cell phone and use it often when we travel...:wink

really don't understand the need for ethanol fuel. Seems to be a waste of good corn.

Here's a pic of the inside. The middle is the injector side, and the ends are the rail side..
Pic is a little grainy, but it looks like shavings to me. Does the inside of the hose turn your hands black as tar?

BigRedAlli

I agree it looks like shavings which I can understand on the injector side because of the sharp edges, but the fuel rail is a very smooth and rounded surface and thats where the worse area was. Its more like where ever the hose fit the tightest, the lining kind of squished out. The inside don't turn your hand black but is very soft and you can peel it up with your finger nail.

For the record, I've used ACES in every tank for years, even way back when it was called TK-7.

suicidealli

Could just be bad hose. I know You have been using aces longer than me. I have issues with the size of the hose. The last few set I had cleaned the dia of the hose was just a little bigger.. The injectors were blowing off the rail, and the injector blowing off the injector. I had 3 sets do it, and johns did it too. I told Larry about it.. All 56 lb set ups..I had to clamp at both ends, tie straps wouldn't work. So they have had hose issues.. Prolly like everybody else making cheaper product.

Roy

chad202

I've been using mercury quickleen for at least 5yrs and have never had a hose issue. Now I hope I didn't put the gree-gree on my a$$.

Dave Hensley

I always go back with the Oetiker crimp clamps at fuel rail. Never have problems and they look so much better than ty wraps or worm clamps.