Carpet substitute

A

AllisonNewb97

It's the newb again, I wasa wonderin if anyone has used that rhino lining material in place of the alli carpet. If so...does this stuff get really hot or not moreso than the carpet. Spank you sparkies.

A

Anonymous

I looked at a XB2002 in Ga before I bought mine. The guy stripped the carpet out and put paint with sand in it on the floor. He said it was quick easy clean up and was lighter than the carpet.

RB in NM

Whatit,,,

Johnnie Boy gonna read this and see where he can shave a few pounds off that red bote,,,he'll be calling Lou out again..RB

J

John Richied

Not a bad idea Russ... but it's going to take more then that to get-R-done.

Maybe your 225 on the back of my light boat (10,000 plus Rpm's).... hmmmm, now that just might work!

For real I thought about taking out the trolling motor battery cables (they are about 4lbs each side), the livewell pumps, carpet, etc and then thought NO WAY!

If I get beat, I get beat. The quick-change deck lids are good for about 30lbs, and that’s temporary. That idea actually came from an ole time XB-02 racer/owner Jeff Bristow (crap-pee-racer)

AllisonboatsMS

i was wondering about the Rhino liner stuff myself since its about tiem to redo my carpet. bben 6 years of hard fishing done to it.

XXXrunninYYY

Bolt that steel-sleeved heater to the back of that dainty fishin boat and let's go again, Johnny! :wink:

BTW...I have seen the video....you won't like it. :cry:

Got Mommy?

(Sorry for thread hijack. Back to regularly scheduled sand-in-paint discussion.)

brotherxb03

I know a friend that put bed linner in his flat boat and it looked clean,but he said when it get wet it gets slippery as hell. So I think paint with non skid probally is better. My carpet on my 98 is getting worn and I was thinking about going another route because of sometimes I rabbit hunt out of my boat. The only thing bad about no carpet is you can here the water rumbling under the boat now with carpet while rolling also my brother has a rocket with no carpet and you have to watch you don't bump a fishing rod or anything on the deck because it will slide over into the drink.

A

AllisonNewb97

Thankz fellaz, you've convinced me to give it a whirl.

J

John Richied

Rhino lining material in place of the carpet in your Allison… hmmmm

Isn’t Rhino lining a permanent spray in? Plus it going to weight as much or more then carpet…

I don’t think I would do that. :(

Lou, YOU ARE THE MAN!