Can you walk on a Grand sport deck

Brandon2684

So I haven’t walked on mine yet. Looks like there’s some reinforcement under the deck. Is it safe to walk on it or should that be avoided? Thanks

pkstv

Supporting Member
I’ve had to slide on my belly to unhook once without any creaks or cracks but as soon as I say not to some one will chime in and say they dance on it . I look at it like this , you wouldn’t walk on a corvette would you ?

Lotus 50

I would not walk on my SS2000 deck. Theoretically the curves make it a lot stronger then if it was flat. Practically I would feel pretty bad about putting stress cracks in it

JCSmile

I have walked on my SS deck @180lbs and it doesn't even crinkle. I usually try to slide on a hip or butt down the lattices the run underneath where I assume it's strongest. I only do it when there no risk of me falling on it or having a wave bounce me and cause extra force.

Jon

Supporting Member
There is a reinforcement about midway up the bow deck, and the boat typically cracks in that area. All the boats are built by hand, and they're all a little different. I would be very cautious.

Brandon2684

I’m fairly light 165lbs. The boats brand new picked it up in September last year 2021 model. Never walked on the deck. But did gently crawl up it to tie off on the bow eye and heard light crackling sounds that was discomforting but I’ve heard people walk on them. I wasn’t sure if that was ok or not. Obviously these are light boats I wouldn’t expect to walk all over them without caution. But I was wondering realistically if it’s fairly safe if you’re somewhat careful. Thanks

Last edited:

xs03mich

Mine will give a eerie creaking noise not enough to not be on the cap but enough noise to not make it a regular habit. I do not know about others but my top cap is waxed pretty good and is very slippery. Anytime I have been up on the cap I have been on my hands and knees to help distribute my weight and for fear of falling off and getting wet.