Bubble level or mechanical inclinometer?

RiverRat71

Has anyone ever mounted a bubble level or inclinometer in their rig to check for balance & weight distribution before getting under way? I can always tell when the balance is off after were under way but not so much when just sitting or idling. Does anyone think either of the two mentioned instruments would be of benefit? There are some really well made sensitive ones available. RR

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Somebody stuck a bubble level from a camper on the dash of my boat long before I got it. It was very beneficial whilst learning. I rarely look at it now but once in a wHile when things don't feel right I do double check it.

SLOmofo

I too mounted a camper level to the lip just below the windshield. It's right in the line of sight. Got the boat level, used just the curved glass vial and glued it using 3M black weather strip adhesive. Always in view idling out and flying down the lake. Easy, accurate and cheep.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't over analyze it. All you need is a ruff idea if you are close or not. (Not that anyone on here would go to extreme lengths for the littlest thing.) Hahaha

RiverRat71

Don't over analyze it. All you need is a ruff idea if you are close or not. (Not that anyone on here would go to extreme lengths for the littlest thing.) Hahaha
Hey brother, I am worlds worst about going to the extreme over little things especially when it comes to my boat not to mention my OCD, lol. RR

SLOmofo

Man that is an old pic
Hey, I like where that is located. You use silicone or something like that? RR
A very good glue is 3M Weather Trim Adhesive, you can get it in original yellow (known as elephant snot) and black. I use it in many different applications. Just yesterday in glue some loose carpet in the Champion. Very sticky and you have to be careful as it likes to string and sticks well to fingers also. I don't like silicone as it is very hard to get off if you need to remove.

Whaaaaat

Had this idea the other day, but longitudinally to see the attitude of the boat. Get a better feel for proper angle of attack. 6 degrees said the red book.

allimax

Called Gorilla Snot on the east coast, funny how that goes. I used the last one shown above on here. 3M two sided tape. Got laughed at for it on the BBC board a few years back though. :rolleyes: