Break-in the different way?

Butch Leslie

Couldn't do that type of break in on a 2.5/280 as the computer won't let it turn over a certain RPM until it has run under load at that RPM for a specified time frame. Butch Leslie

John S

Maybe Im off-base on this, but I see no controversy. In every type of rig Ive ever run, breakin has always been accelerate/decelerate. Isnt that all that this guy is saying? All my manuals say is to not hold a consistent RPM, and dont hold it full pin. When I bought my first new sled, the guy told me to find a good ditchline and run it. Cool website, thanks for showing it.

John S

amosXB03

break in

As everyone knows the 2.5/280 requires x-time at x-rpm, and until all the slots are full there is no chance she will trun loose, one thing that we have done in the past is use an engine diagnostic computer to telll us when and where.

As far as running it hard, well can't say for a 280 during break in, howver I policed for awhile and we definately ran em hard all the way from the dealership to the garage. The cars usually ran forever, tires, brakes went but for the most part the drive trains were dang near indestructible.