Brake fluid flush

West Coast Bull

Last year at the rally my brakes lines broke on my trailer, so this year if you bring some fluid, I will bring all the tools to remove and replace the brake fluids for your trailer. I know some of you go fast Allison guys don’t believe in brakes, you say “ brakes just slow you down “ but its a good time when you have five guys with beers watching one guy working.

fastglass1

I had a bunch of fuses go out last year. Bring a lot of extras this year. Need to repay Donny for the fuses he gave me. :)

SLOmofo

If it happens. as it happens, take a mental snap shot of what led up to the occurrence (cause and effect).
When I was working I had to extract the information from my customers, some of them referred to my questioning as interrogation. O'well. Time is money. Sometimes they would leave out very important tidbits, sometimes they would lie.
You said "fuses" more than one? All at the same time? A self resetting breaker in place of the fuse will create a useful learn-able moment. A graphing multi meter with a amp probe is a good tool for this.

fastglass1

Right now I don't even remember what did not work. As I remember, it took some trial and error to even figure out which fuse as the one that was the main issue did not even look like it blew. Normally I am pretty good at trouble shooting. It come from being a Mechanical Engineer for 40+ years.

Unfortunately, I have spent very little time in the boat since the last rally. The trip following the rally, the drive shaft broke. Got that fixed and made one more trip before the end of the season. Been trying to get out this year but rain and high water have made that difficult.

I'll get it figured out, it will just take some time on the water to see if it happens again.

O'Brien 21

Yo Mike, when you replaced the brake line, did you do the "double flair" on the line?

SLOmofo

Good call Shorty. I used pre made whenever I replaced. I think I have a double flare set somewhere. I got tired of Hyd on the Champion trailer and converted to electric brakes.

dubmoney

Electric brakes would be nice. I just got my new tongue hydralic accuator in the mail. What flavor Brake fluid do it use? Strawberry or Honey

O'Brien 21

You would use "pre-made" since you don't know how to measure and are too lazy to make your own. On the stuff I work on pre made is not available

O'Brien 21

Just a warning to you guys, the Sea Swirl (limited production race boat) now has a new prop for top end. Look out!!!!:LMAO:

West Coast Bull

John was right! If your tires are good,replace your valve stems every five or ten years.
88 cents or it can ruin a weekend image.jpeg

Last edited: